Its really very embarrassing when you start your Firefox browser for some important work and suddenly you get a pop named “Add-on Compatibility Check” that eats up your 2 minutes completing the add-on check process. Probably this pop-up occurs every week, every day and mostly whenever you upgrade your browser. Hence to get rid of it, here am sharing a small and easy tutorial. You will surely like it, just have a look:
- First of all launch your Firefox Browser.
- Type ‘about:config’ in the Address bar and hit Enter.
- Click on the button "I'll be careful, I promise"
- Right click on any key or at blank space and select ‘New’, and click on ‘Boolean’ as shown in the image below:
- Now write this command ‘extensions.checkCompatibility’ and click OK.
- On next window simply select ‘False’ and click Ok as shown in the image.
- Now you need to repeat the process again for making one more key.
- Right click on any key or at blank space and select ‘New’, and click on ‘Boolean’ as we did above.
- Write this ‘extensions.checkCompatibility’ and click OK as shown in the image.
- Here also select ‘False’ and click Ok
- Now you can see the both keys you made just now, it should look like this:
That’s it. You are done.