Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to get audio on few websites using internet explorer 9

Unable to get audio on few websites using internet explorer 9

In my computer I have recently upgrade internet explorer browser from 8 to 9 and after updating the browser it has started giving me problems. Now whenever i am not getting sound from some websites. First I have thought that this problem might be related to audio drivers in my computer and that is why I have uninstalled audio drivers from my laptop and then installed it again but after doing that also problem does not get solved. On some websites I don’t get this problem.

I have also cleared cache and cookies from the internet explorer but after clearing the cache and cookies also I get same issue. I don’t know what is causing this problem. Please help me out with this.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to get audio on few websites using internet explorer 9

Some of the websites required add-ons to in order to play sounds and videos and that is why whenever you load such sites at that time browser will show you pop-up at the bottom of window and we have to allow that. You have to also check whether you get any popup while opening the website on which you are facing this problem. Even make sure that “TLS 1.2” option is selected in the internet options. Many times this problem can take place if “TLS 1.2” option is not selected. If you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

I didn’t get any pop up while opening websites and I have installed the required add-ons. i have also tried to look for the TLS 1.2 option in internet explorer setting but I didn’t find that. Please let me know where I can find TLS 1.2 option. If I try to open websites from any other browser at that time I don’t get this problem.

You have to follow these steps to enable TLS 1.2 option:

• Open internet explorer 9.
    • Click on Tools button which you will find on the top left side of the window (gear icon) or press Alt + X button.
    • Now you have to click on the internet option button.
    • After that you have to click on the “Advanced” tab.
    • Now look for the security section.
    • Under security section you will see TLS 1.2 option and you have to check that.
    • After doing that you have to click on ok button and then restart your browser.

As far as I know after performing this steps you will not face any problem with the internet explorer.

Well in my system I was having same issue with the IE9 and first I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the audio drivers and enabling and disabling the add-ons also but that does not make any difference now after that I have uncheck “play sounds in webpages” option from the internet option and then restart the browser and then I have check that option again and then all the problem get solved. You can find “play sounds in webpages” options by going in to the internet option and clicking on the advance tab. In the advanced tab you have to go to the Multimedia section and then you will see the “play sounds in webpages” option. You should also try this solution and then see whether your problem gets solved or not?

If you get same problem even after trying above trick then I will suggest you go to the advanced tab in the internet options and then select reset button and then reset the settings. After resetting the internet explorer you have to open internet explorer again and then see whether “play sounds in webpages” option is selected in the advanced tab of internet option or not. if it is not selected then select it and then try to load any websites.