Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Dell Latitude D620 loses internet connection after docking it to D/Dock PD01X

Dell Latitude D620 loses internet connection after docking it to D/Dock PD01X

Hi friends I am using Dell Latitude D620 laptop from long time and I have windows XP operating system in it. My laptop has suddenly started giving me problem. Earlier I was able to use internet via WIFI from my laptop after docking it with the D/Dock and I was not having any issues at that time but now whenever I dock my laptop with the D/Dock at that time at that time it loose internet connection over WLAN. i have tried to get solution by searching on internet but I didn’t find any answer for this. I have also tried to fix this problem by performing system restore in my laptop that does not make any difference also. Is there anything wrong with settings in my laptop or something else is causing this problem. Please help me to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Dell Latitude D620 loses internet connection after docking it to D/Dock PD01X

I have read your problem and i think you should first try to resolve this problem with few basic solutions. First you should open device manger in your laptop and then look for the wireless adapter. After that right click on that and click on uninstall. After uninstalling the wireless drivers from your laptop you have to restart it and then install wireless drivers again. I am not sure but many times reinstalling the drivers can fix this problem.

You have to also check whether there are latest drivers available on internet or not? If latest drivers are available then you should install that and then see whether it makes any difference or not? I hope with the help of this solution you will be able to fix this problem.

Re: Dell Latitude D620 loses internet connection after docking it to D/Dock PD01X

Well after reading your solution I have reinstalled wireless drivers from my laptop but after reinstalling the wireless drivers also I am experiencing same problem. Now after that I have opened official web site of the Dell and then I have downloaded latest drivers for my laptop. Now after downloading the latest drivers I have installed it but problem does not get solved after that. I have also checked all the WIFI related setting in my laptop but after doing that also my problem does not get solved. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

I think you are using DVI connection for D/Dock to laptop screen, I have tried to find solution on internet regarding this problem and I have come to know that there are many users are who are experiencing same problem because of DVI connection with the dock. To resolve this problem you have to change the dock connection to VGA and then your problem will get solved; if you have DVI connection then you should try this solution and then see what the result is. If you get same problem even after changing the connection from DVI to VGA then you should also try to solve this problem by updating the BIOS in your laptop. You can download latest BIOS update file for your Dell Latitude D620 laptop from the Dell official site and then update the BIOS. Try this solutions and then let me know what the result is.