Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How can I Unroot my Asus Transformer TF300

How can I Unroot my Asus Transformer TF300

I think I havenít made any mistake by rooting my Tab because every Android user usually root their device. So I did. I know I lost my warranty and all by rooting my Asus Transformer TF300 tablet. I have rooted to .17 in my Asus Transformer tablet TF300. I rooted it using SparkyRoot. It worked fine for few days and but now am getting many problems with the same. I donít want to mention the long list of problems here as am already too annoyed with it.

Anyway, I want to know that is it possible to Unroot Asus Transformer TF300 ? If yes, please let me know how can I do the same. I want to make it original Asus Transformer TF300 like earlier.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How can I Unroot my Asus Transformer TF300

Well bro, rooting a device is always a difficult job but Unrooting is very simple, atleast with the Transformer TF300. As you said you rooted your tab with SparkyRoot, it itself is the solution for your question. In order to Unroot TF300, just install SparkyRoot again in your tab, launch it and simply tap on ďUnrootĒ. Thatís it. Your device will be unrooted.

Remember to back up all your Sms, contacts, apps, files etccc because it will delete everything while unrooting the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayushi View Post
    Anyway, I want to know that is it possible to Unroot Asus Transformer TF300 ? If yes, please let me know how can I do the same. I want to make it original Asus Transformer TF300 like earlier.
    Yes, you can do it. You should have the Blob file for your asus tablet and the ADB enabled in order to Unroot it. Here is the step by step process for unroot Asus Transformer TF300:

• First of all put the blob file to your device's internal storage.
    • Now connect the tablet with computer using USB Cable and start he ADB session.
    • When you are in the adb, enter the following command.

su
    dd if=/sdcard/blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4.
    • After this you will find that the command prompt is just black and blank. Dont get hyper, it is actually doing its work. Just don’t interrupt the process.
    • Once it will be completed you will see a message with some records in and some records out.
    • Now simply restart the Tab and wait for few more minutes after the Tablet is booted as it will take some time for loading the files.

Thats it. Now your Asus Transformer TF300 is Unrooted.

Wow, thats really great solutions. Thanks Saanz and techguru. I really appreciate your helps. i'll go for it for sure tonight itself. BTW, just for my information i would like ask that by the term "Unrooting" we mean to make it original device that we get from company. So cant we simply Reset it to default factory settings ? Will it remove the root by doing so ? :-\

Cool question. Even i dint thought about this ever.

I think yes, reset should work in such cases because Unrooting means to restore the original settings of the tablet. I'll suggest you as you are already going to unroot the device using Blob file Or the SparkyRoot, before doing that simply try to reset your device to Factory settings and see if it works. Just for our knowledge as it sounds intresting.

If you dont know, you can Restore your Asus Transformer to default factory settings by simply going to:
    Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Erase Everything.

Or you can also reset it in this way:

• Turn off the Tab, Press and hold the volume down key button and along with it press the power button.
    • Hold all the buttons until you see the boot loader screen.
    • It will prompt you to hold the volume up button.
    • Pressing the volume up button will start the process.

Once the process gets completed, your Tab will reboot and it will be restored to factory settings.