Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to overclock MSI Z77A-GD65 by using OC Genie and MSI Control center

Unable to overclock MSI Z77A-GD65 by using OC Genie and MSI Control center

This is my second overclocking process and seems that I am doing some mistake again. I am actually trying overclock my system and I also did it successfully to get 4.2ghz. I tried to increase it little more and even managed to touch 4.5 GHz by setting up ratio 45 into MSI control center. Sorry I forgot to mention that am running on MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard. After successfully touching to 4.5Ghz, when I restart the system it gets reset to 4.2ghz again.

I am just unable to get why it is happening. Can you tell me what went wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Unable to overclock MSI Z77A-GD65 by using OC Genie and MSI Control center

Well I am not so good in overclocking but as per my experience I can suggest you to set ratio and auto processor voltage to 1.27v. You must test the situation by increasing the voltage little bit higher if it wonít. You should see that voltage should be under 1.35v for processor because it gets higher it can cause lots of issues as well. Also ensure that your system have a good heat sink or fan installed that can handle the heat easily. And yeah, donít forget to Disable C-state as well as EIST from the BIOS.