Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia launches three Low-Cost Touchscreen smartphones - Asha 305, 306 and 311

Nokia launches three Low-Cost Touchscreen smartphones - Asha 305, 306 and 311

Few months ago Nokia launched its new Asha series smartphones that really did well in the market. Now they have expanded the Asha Series with launch of new Asha Touchscreen phones, Asha 311, Asha 305 and Asha 306. Similar to earlier Asha series, these new releases are also based on Symbian S40 operating system. But the best part of these devices is that they are the first ever Low-Cost budget Touch Screen smartphones. Nokia Mobile’s EVP Mr. Mary McDowell also said the similar thing “By introducing the Asha Touch phones to the market, we're accelerating our commitment to connect the next billion consumers”.

Such low costs smartphones are doing pretty good in today’s emerging market were consumer demand is increasing for the budget devices. As per the stats, a reports says that last year 105 million low-cost budget touchscreen smartphones were sold all around the world. I guess Nokia has planned to attract more and more customers with the same strategy with the launch of Asha 311,305 and 306, as Mary McDowell said above. He also added “These phones deliver on what young, urban people value most -- a great-looking device; and an intuitive and affordable experience for connecting to the internet, to their friends, and to a world of entertainment, web apps and content”.

Just like previous few handsets, Nokia is going to bundle 40 free video games of EA sports including NFS, Tetris, FiFa 12 and many more. Out of these three handsets, Asha 311 will also feature the most played game on Smartphone last year, Angry Bird. Apart from games, Asha Touch series also comes with built-in Nokia Browser 2.0 with Finns' cloud technology that saves your data upto 90 %. This allows you to load sites up to 3 times faster. Out of all these three phones, you get one more bonus with Asha 305 where along with the cool touchscreen you also get access to Dual Sims. Get all details about Nokia Asha Touch Series
    " target="_blank">here

Nokia is probably going to release these handsets in the month of July. As per the price, Nokia has not made any official announcement on the price for India but the expectations says that Nokia Asha 305 will cost around 4,350 INR, Nokia Asha 306 will be some around 4,700 INR and Nokia Asha 311 will be the costliest of this series costing around 6,371/- INR.

Re: Nokia launches three Low-Cost Touchscreen smartphones - Asha 305, 306 and 311

I think though Asha 311 is the costliest but still it is very budget phone as compared to today's markets. I mean, Rupees 6,371/- is just good for a touchscreen smartphone and that too from Nokia Brand. Am surely gonna have it for me.

I wish if it would have been Dual Sim :-\

Re: Nokia launches three Low-Cost Touchscreen smartphones - Asha 305, 306 and 311

Do whatsapp works in any of these devices? If yes, please tell me where can download the same?

Help appreciated.

Yes, offcourse WhatsApp works on all these Asha devices as they are running on Symbian S40 operating system and Whatsapp is available for Nokia S40 device. You can download the one from here: http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...-Download-link

I found that Shipping Charges are extra and on other site they provide only seller warranty. On one online vendor I found it for Rs 3, 589/- with manufacturer warranty, Bill and free Shipping’s budget phone.