Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to play Max Payne 3 in 3D, driver crashes.

Unable to play Max Payne 3 in 3D, driver crashes.

HI, I bought Nvidia 3D Vision kit along with my copy of Max Payne 3. Game installation went fine, 3D vision setup went fine, but when I start MP3 in 3D my driver crashes and so game crashes. I tried reinstalling the game, I disable and enable the 3d vision again but yet the same problem. Damn. Whatís wrong?

I tried playing Max Payne 3 in 2d and its working fine, even completed chapter 1. There was no crash or any kind of problem. But it is just with 3D. Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to play Max Payne 3 in 3D, driver crashes.

I think the solution is right there in your problem. You said you driver crashes, did you updated the driver? I guess not. Please update your Nvidia drivers to higher than v186.18. You can download it right from this URL. Nvidia Driver Download

First disable to 3D vision, update the drivers, re-enable 3D and start the game. It should work.

[quote author=logitech link=topic=910.msg2146#msg2146 date=1338810714]
    I think the solution is right there in your problem. You said you driver crashes, did you updated the driver? I guess not. Please update your Nvidia drivers to higher than v186.18. You can download it right from this URL. Nvidia Driver Download
    [/quote]

Help appreciated dude, but i already did that. I am having Nvidia v301.42 drivers installed. Still getting the same problem. What else can i try to fix it now ?

Even i am playing max Payne 3 in 3D but dint got any crash till now. Am on chapter 4. I would like to ask that is it happening with just this game or all games ? Did you tried running any other game in 3D with same settings, are they working fine ?

You will need to try out these settings because there is yet no proper cause is detected for the crashing. If other games are working fine than probably the problem is with your game copy. And if its happening with all games than we will need to work with your 3D settings. Just check and reply.

Well Ryder is not alone with this problem guys, count me in as well. Even my MP3 is crashing every 5 to 7 minutes in 3D.

Did anyone found proper workaround for this problem ?

Yeah, thatís correct. You guys are not alone. Even me. But I have done some research on this and found some interesting points. The game probably crashes only in Single player mode on my PC, every 5 to 7 minutes but works good for about an hour when am playing in Multiplayer. Another thing I noticed is that when I kept the settings lower, I was able to play even single player for about an hour without crash, and as soon as I increase the settings higher, it started crashing like before, in every 5 minutes.