Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to Install Max Payne 3 due to CRC (cyclic redundancy check) error

Unable to Install Max Payne 3 due to CRC (cyclic redundancy check) error

hey guys need some urgent help. Today itself i got my copy of Max Payne 3. Its a DVD set that i bought from an online store. Anyways, when am going to install it on my Windows XP computer, it gives me an error saying unable to install, CRC error. DAMN. What is that ? What is CRC ?

I meet all the system requirements that is mentioned on your site as well than why am i getting this error ? I tried installing game thrice and i got the same error every time. Please help. I badly wanna play MP3.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Unable to Install Max Payne 3 due to CRC (cyclic redundancy check) error

Thats really an annoying problem. I mean you bought the game, you got it delivered after so many days, your excited to play abut yo get error while installing. Lets find out the fix for this. For your information, CRC stands for "cyclic redundancy error" that occurs usually while copying files on Windows system. And as you said that you got the problem while installing the game with DVDs you received, sorry to say but i guess your DVDs are scratched or faulty. :-\ Another reason for this could be your DVD drive.

Lets work around this issue. You need to try out your Max Payne 3 DVDs on any another PC. If you have any other laptop or Desktop, try installing on the same. If it works, you should be happy that your DVDs are good, no problem. And if you get the same problem than you will have to contact the retailer from where you bought the game.

In another Scenario, and if there is no problem while installing on another system than probably problem will be with your dvd rom drive. You need to uninstall it form device manager, install it again, update the rom drivers and try installing the game again. Also it will be good if you remove it from cabinet, clean it with soft clean cloth and fix it back again.

There are many reasons for CRC error. People face it while copying something from FTP, removable drives, CD/DVD, downloaded files, etc. In your scenario its completely related to the DVD drive or the DVDs. Above solution by 'online' is absolutely correct. You should go for it.

Am not playing this game, will order one copy for me next week. But i request and i wish gamers wont get CRC error with downloaded copies of Max Payne 3 because if they get the same, that means there downloaded copy is corrupted. and what if a downloaded copy that is of 35GB gets corrupted.

That was indeed a great info Moderator, i appreciate it. Let me try it on my friends PC because i dont have another pc or laptop. But i have one question with this? What if installation went fine on his PC ?Will i be able to use the same product key on my system again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Astor View Post
    That was indeed a great info Moderator, i appreciate it. Let me try it on my friends PC because i dont have another pc or laptop. But i have one question with this? What if installation went fine on his PC ?Will i be able to use the same product key on my system again ?
    Who is telling you to register the game on your friend's system ? Just try installing buddy, dont register the game there