Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Max Payne 3 multiplayer lagging

Max Payne 3 multiplayer lagging

Hi, am playing Max Payne 3 on Xbox Live. i started it just few hours ago. For the first few hours it was really interesting by suddenly now it started lagging. I tried disconnecting and connecting multiplayer again but now it is still constantly lagging. What could be the problem. I mean it worked good for few hours and now started lagging constantly. Could you guys please help me out in this ? Any help will be really appreciated.

Re: Max Payne 3 multiplayer lagging

Well dude, there could be many reasons of lagging on Xbox Live but most probably its your internet connection. No matter it worked fine for starting few hours as you said, but you might be knowing that broadband or any internet connection fluctuates in between. So, what i would like to suggest is please check your internet speed. better check on speedtest.net or pingtest.net. See if you are getting the full speed. BTW, what is your internet connection speed ?

Also if you are using a good internet connection and if you are connected with wireless router, you should better connect your console with cable instead of wireless. You can simply do it by connecting one end of your network cable to router and another end to your console. And now you can check your LIVE connection with the following steps:

• Tap Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    • Select Network Settings than Wired Connection
    • Now select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

You will surely get improvement in your Xbox Live performance.

Even am playing MP3 on Xbox Live Multiplayer but i dint faced any problem till now. No lagging or such kind of errors. hence i can say that the problem is not with the game. you should check your console and you internet settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpati View Post
    Even am playing MP3 on Xbox Live Multiplayer but i dint faced any problem till now. No lagging or such kind of errors. hence i can say that the problem is not with the game. you should check your console and you internet settings.
    Hey, thanks for your prompt replies guys. i appreciate your help too NishitM but i FYI am on 8 mbps internet connection also am getting good results on speedtest. Anyways as per your suggestion i connected my console directly with the router using network cable but still i face some lag (not like before, it was extreme lag). There is bit improvement now in the game performance but yet there is lag. What should i do now ?

OK Honey, i guess the problem is with the server itself. If i am not wrong, i guess you are hosting the game, right ? If yes, that is the cause of problems. You should reduce the number of players joined on your server. This is all related to bandwith. try this and see the results. Also ensure that no ther pc, laptop or any device is consuming your internet bandwith while you are connected on XBLA. 8)