Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Compaq 610 wont connect to WiFI / Internet

Compaq 610 wont connect to WiFI / Internet

Hey guys i have a problem with my laptop, hope i get proper fix here. Its Compaq 610 laptop running on Windows XP. Am having this lappy since long time and everything was working fine. Last week due to some problem i required to re-install XP on the same. Also installed all required apps and drivers. Since them my network is not working problem. Many times it just wont connect to internet and sometimes even though its connected to WiFi my internet wont works.

I have tried everything i know about but unsuccessful. My router is TP LINK W8951ND. Can you guys give some fix for the same ? help appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Compaq 610 wont connect to WiFI / Internet

How did you installed the drivers ? If am not wrong, you installed the drivers from the same CD you got with your laptop, right ? If yes, that the problem is with your drivers. Reason is that as you said you are using this laptop since long time, that means drivers are also became outdated. So, you just need to update your wirless drivers and it will be fixed.

You can update your drivers by simply going to Device Manager, right click wirless devices and update drivers. Or you can do it by downloading driver on your PC and installing it manually. If you want you can download the required wireless drivers from here.

Hi. even i am going through with similar kind of problem with my Acer laptop. When i click on Wireless icon, i can see that am connected to my home WiFi network. But when i try to browser any site (even google) it keeps on loading and gives and error. Cannot open the page. Even some internet apps like Yahoo Messenger is not able to connect.

I dont know what is the problem. Could you guys help me ? I am having Windows 7 installed.

As you said that even after connecting WiFI it wont connect to internet, i think there is some problem with your IP Address. Anyways, we have solution to fix the same as well. Just follow the below steps:

• Simply click the network icon (seems like tv) from the task bar, near clock.
    • Click on Network and sharing Center. You can also reach here by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
    • Now click on Manage network connections.
    • Now simply right click and select properties of the connection.
    • If it asks to enter Admin credentials, enter the same.
    • Now click on Networking tab and click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
    • Select it and click on Properties.
    • Now click ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and then click OK.
    • Similarly do with the DNS server address settings.

No better log of and login again and see if it works.