Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

Now a days, every user who plans for buying any Android device, the very first thing he is concerned is about ‘Can I root my device’. Isn’t, it ? Yes it is. The reason behind it is very simple. Rooting or installing Custom Mode removes your limitation and gives you super user access that is infact very useful. So, today i am going to show you the very simple and easiest step for Rooting Samsung Galaxy Y.

I recently bought the above said device, and just few minutes ago i successfully Rooted my smartphone. Very happy hence i thought to share it with you guys as well. If you are the one who want to root Samsung galaxy Y, just follow below steps:

Few things to be considered before Rooting your device:

• Backup your entire device including Contacts, Messages, Multimedia Files.
    • Make sure your mobile battery is charged atleast 80%.

Now follow the rooting process:

• First of all download the Rooting Package from here and save it on your PC.
    • Connect your mobile with computer and copy the above downloaded file on your mobile SD Card.
    • Disconnect your mobile from PC and turn of the device.
    • Now be careful for the next every process. Press and Hold your Home Button and Volume Up key. Without leaving these both keys press Power button for about 10 Seconds.
    • This will put your device in Recovery mode.
    • Once you get into recovery mode (with blue and red text screen) select option ‘Update from SD Card’. You can scroll with the help of Volume Keys.
    • Press Home Button when you are on ‘Update from SD Card’ option, locate rooting package that you saved on SD Card and press home button again.
    • That’s it. Now wait for few minutes, let the device do what it is doing (Rooting process)
    • Once rooting process gets completed, you will get the ‘Root your device’. Simply press Home Button to reboot the device.

That’s it. You are done. You have just Rooted your Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. Now go to menu and you will find an option/icon for Super user. If you want, you can download BusyBox for more access.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Re: How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

Thank very much for this tutorial buddy. It is really the simplest one i have seen until today. Very helpful.

Appreciated.

Hello,
    sorry for being out of topic,but i just really need help with my samsung Galaxy y S5360.
    the problem is,since i have factory reset and hard reset my phone,i could no longer connect to wifi.
    even in my home wifi or other wifi.when i open advance setting,it says.."IP address unavailable".
    then i tried IP static,still it doesn'nt changes anything.I couldn't connect to wifi.even if i hard reset or factory reset it a thousand times,still nothing happen.
    i really feel so hopepls...Please,Please,is there any way you could help me?

thank you in advance and more Power!!

Hey,
    please help me out ....
    I rooted my galaxy y and installed jelly bean nemesis one and again i unrooted my phone with unlock root with jelly bean installed.
    Now again i rooted my phone with the root update file given in the post above and it rooted successfully and tried to install (ics) ice crean sandwich but it shows installation successful but when rebooted it stops at the starting screen which shows galaxy y and phone does not boot into home screen. I tried to install again but the same thing happens.

Waiting for a reply guys help me ...
    And thanx in advance....

Many times it happens with Custom ROMs, they get stuck on the boot. If re-installing the same doesn't helps you, better try out installing some another galaxy y Custom ROM.

Hope it helps. Here are few Custom ROMs for Galaxy Y with installation instructions.

Rooting is the first step to making your Android better. Wanna know how to do it? You came to the right place. Before I start, I should warn you this should void your warranty. Don't worry, you can unvoid it! Don't forget to backup before starting.
    First, you need the root .zip file. Make sure you have something like WinRAR. Click here to install. Now you've got the file, here's what to do:

1. Connect your Galaxy Y to your PC using the cable given upon purchase of the phone.
    2. Go to the location of the SD card on your computer and drag the downloaded file into your SD card.
    3. Now you turn your attention to your phone. You can disconnect it from your PC if your battery is over 90%. Turn it off.
    4. Now, boot your phone into recovery mode. (Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons)
    5. Your touchscreen is currently useless until you reboot your phone. Press Volume Down once, then press the Home button.*
    6. Press Volume Down until update.zip is highlighted.
    7. After the update is finished, you should have returned to the home page. Press the Home button.
    8. Your phone is rooted. Enjoy!

*Volume Up/Down navigates up/down. (it's a bit easy to recognise which is which)
    *The Home Button selects the highlighted option.

It is recommended to backup your Android before you do this just incase you want to make your warranty active again or if you don't like the root. If you want to know how to do that, you can find out in the following post.

Bro, we have the same problem do you knw now how to solve it?

Excuse Me, can u help me about the problem of my phone? it still stuck on Galaxy Young GT-S5360 logo and dont keeps on rebooting again and again please reply

Quote Originally Posted by galgs2 View Post
    Excuse Me, can u help me about the problem of my phone? it still stuck on Galaxy Young GT-S5360 logo and dont keeps on rebooting again and again please reply
    Can you please tell me what did you tried to do on the phone just before the problem started ?
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Ahhmm. I have installed the ROM (Nemesis Rom) successfully but in OTA updater says the device will reboot and it rebooted itself and I accidentally go to CWM recovery and clicked the reboot system now ( CWM recovery) and it reboots successfully but a while it stucked on Galaxy Young GT-S5360 logo and I can reinstall the process because the wipe data/ reset is not working because if i click it, it reboots itself and dont wipe data please help..