Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Viber Internet Connection problems

Viber Internet Connection problems

I have recently installed Viber on my Samsung Galaxy Y. It works fine but sometimes it gives me problem with connection. I mean, at a random time when try to call someone from my contact, i get an error saying that am not connected to internet. That’s strange. Because i am using Vodafone 3G and all my other internet apps are working properly like whats app, skype, etcc at the same time. I also faced got the same problem when i was on my home WiFi network.

Is it a bug or the problem is with just my Mobile phone?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Viber Internet Connection problems

No, you dont have any problem with your mobile handset because even me and my friends have faced the same problem few times. As per the Viber Knowledgebase, it depends on the connection you are using, also depends on your handsets and many more such factors. So we can't name it even a Bug. Whenever we make a Internet call, it goes via some routing, hence you can get such error some time.

Sometimes it may also happened if you OR your contact is having weak signal on smartphone while using 3G or WiFi. That can cause some problem. So, there is nothing to worry. it doesn't happens always, but just few times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    That’s strange. Because i am using Vodafone 3G and all my other internet apps are working properly like whats app, skype, etcc at the same time. I also faced got the same problem when i was on my home WiFi network.
    As you said above, you have also running few internet apps in background, such problem may occur with Viber because it requires high bandwith specially while making International calls. And as your few background apps are already eating up the same, sometime you can get problem with Viber. But that should be ok as you just need to redial the contact, thats it. 8)

Now, these were the cool explanations. Heartly appreciated. Thats why i like this place very much. Keep it up. Thank you.

Hey guys, there can be lots of more reasons behind Viber connection problem. I just found a knowledge base for the same, hope you would like to check it:
    Knowledge base