Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Is Max Payne 3 coming to Mac OS X

Is Max Payne 3 coming to Mac OS X

Hi, i have a very short question as my title suggests. I have been a huge fan of Max Payne series, i like its story, its gameplay, its slow motion action scenes, etcc. I have played both its previous series. But the problem is that i was using Windows since long years but from past 2 years am stuck on Mac OS X systems. I have an iMac and a Macbook pro... No windows computers at present at my home.

So am tensed whether i would play this release or not. I mean, as per the system requirements i saw every where, it states that it is just for Xp and Vista. i dint found any where that mentioned MAC OS X. So i wanted to know that are they releasing this game for MAC systems ?

Re: Is Max Payne 3 coming to Mac OS X

Well dude, sorry to say but this time Max Payne is not coming to Apple System. Max Payne 3 is only made for Windows Xp and Vista, not even for Windows 7. Even i dont know what could be the reason behind it because if we talk about first installment of the series, i.e. Max Payne 1, it was available for Mac OS X as well. But they dint brought MP2 or MP3 for Mac. Lets see if they could do this in future.,

Thats really sad. I mean do they think Mac OS users dont love playing games ? If Rockstar Studios thinks so, they are very wrong. Somebody should tell them. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    Thats really sad. I mean do they think Mac OS users dont love playing games ? If Rockstar Studios thinks so, they are very wrong. Somebody should tell them. :'(
    As a user you can think so , but as a Game Developer Rockstar Studios wont be thinking so. They are manufacturers, and every manufacturer want to sell his product as mush as they can. Hence they target every possible console.

But the main reason behind not making the game for Apple systems is very simple. As a Mac user you also know the price difference between apple systems and Windows Systems, right ? So, that means there are lot more users of Windows compared to Mac. And also making game for any particular os cost them some good amount. Whats the benefit if they wont get enough user (sales) for MAC games.

So, as they wont get profit from Mac, they wont make games for Mac.