Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: “Error 108 The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could not be opened” in Diablo 3

“Error 108 The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could not be opened” in Diablo 3

I have been a great fan of Diablo series and has already played all the previous titles. This time, i downloaded digital copy of Diablo 3, wasted my 8Gb of bandwith and now when am trying to install the game, it gives me an error saying “Error 108 The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could not be opened". Now this is really frustrating, i mean, i purchased the game, downloaded 8GB, wasted to much time for troubleshooting but still the same error.

Now i dont have any idea left to fix this. Could you guys help ?

Re: “Error 108 The file Installer Tome 2.MPQE could not be opened” in Diablo 3

Most probably Error 108 occurs due to partial download. Sorry to say but i guess your 8Gb is really wasted. But don’t worry, we have solution for the same. Just go through the following steps:

• First of all you have to launch the downloader on your computer.
    • After that you should go to Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer directory. It will help you to verify game files and missing files as well.
    • Wait till downloader reaches to 100%. Not that you wont close the downloader in between, let it complete the entire process no matter how much time it takes.
    • Once it is completed the game launcher should launch on your computer automatically.

Now see if you get the same error.

Thanks for the quick help buddy. Sounds like you are pretty sure about this solution. I hope it work for me as well. Anyways, i am here back to know where actually is the Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer directory ? I tried to find but dit got. I know it sounds quite cheap but that fact, i dint found the directory. Can you please give me the path ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Astor View Post
    Thanks for the quick help buddy. Sounds like you are pretty sure about this solution. I hope it work for me as well. Anyways, i am here back to know where actually is the Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer directory ? I tried to find but dit got. I know it sounds quite cheap but that fact, i dint found the directory. Can you please give me the path ?
    It should be the in the main partition where you have installed the game. Probably should be
    C:\Games\Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer
    OR
    D:\Games\Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer

Now try the steps i gave in my previous post and if that wont work (but it should work for sure) than simply re-install your Diablo 3 error. Problem will be solved like charm.