Thread: Can i use Reliance Jio SIM with any 4G Smartphone?

Can i use Reliance Jio SIM with any 4G Smartphone?

Reliance Jio is one of the most trending name in Data connectivity today. Obviously because of its fastest speed, unlimited 4G VoLTE data for 3 months with free unlimited calls and SMS. Well, we know they are offering Jio SIM cards only with their Reliance Lyf Smartphones and few selected Samsung Smartphones. But these SIM cards seems locked with the phones. I mean, they only work with the provided handsets right?

Can we use the Jio SIM card which i bought with Reliance Lyf phone on any other 4G enabled phone? For example, can i use the SIM with LeEco or Xiaomi VoLTE enabled phones?

Re: Can i use Reliance Jio SIM with any 4G Smartphone?

In Short.. the Answer is YES. You can use your Reliance Jio Sim card with any 4G enabled smartphone now onwards.

Earlier, all the SIM used to come Locked with the particular Lyf handset, as you said. but now they have officiallu started unlocking those SIM cards so that they can also be used with any 4G VoLTE enabled smartphone. Not only with Samsung or Lyf phones.

Re: Can i use Reliance Jio SIM with any 4G Smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayam View Post
    In Short.. the Answer is YES. You can use your Reliance Jio Sim card with any 4G enabled smartphone now onwards.

Earlier, all the SIM used to come Locked with the particular Lyf handset, as you said. but now they have officiallu started unlocking those SIM cards so that they can also be used with any 4G VoLTE enabled smartphone. Not only with Samsung or Lyf phones.
    You are half correct Shayam.

Its true that those Jio SIM cards are now working on any other smartphones but only for those users who got the preview offer extension. Hope you know that earlier this month Reliance has extended the Preview offer upto August 31st which was to be expired on August 11th. Only users who got this extensions can use their Jio Sim on any other phones.