Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Mozilla Firefox 13 New features include New Tab Page, Reset Button and many more

Mozilla Firefox 13 New features include New Tab Page, Reset Button and many more

Recently Mozilla has launched the Beta version of its upcoming new release “Firefox 13”. Mozilla has been quite fast since a year when they released V4.0. I mean, in just one year, they reached up to v13. Anyways, in Firefox 13, Mozilla has included some very new features that we haven’t got in any of its previous launches. Lets have a look on them:

New Tab Page:

In version 13, we will get a new tab page with 9 thumnails of 9 website by default. It seems very similar to Speed Dials we have in Opera and Chrome. But its yet not confirmed whether they are speed dials that can be changed as per our preference OR they are fixed 9 sites that Mozilla has provided us.

As of now we use to have speeddials in Forefox with the help of Google Toolbar, but with Firefox 13 we get it Built-in.

Rest Firefox Button:

If you face any problem with Firefox like freezing, slowing down, crashing or anything else, now onwards you don’t need to uninstall and reinstall it again. You just need to a button called “Reset Firefox”. Yeah, that’s correct. Mozilla has included a rest button to avoid the troubleshooting time.

There is nothing worry about loosing bookmarks, passwords and all. The only thing will set to default is a new profile, add-ons, opened tabs and sync settings. You will get your Saved passwords, Cookies, bookmarks, Browsing history and Web Forms back. All these stuffs will be migrated to a new profile as soon as you click on this Reset Button.

Other features included in this release are such as Cleaning up user profile, Firefox Home Tab, Cycle Collector Perf improvement, Enable Smooth scrolling, And Tabs on Demand.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Mozilla Firefox 13 New features include New Tab Page, Reset Button and many more

hey thats great. Firefox has finally added some useful features in this release. Anyways, i am surely going to download this when they will release its final version.

I would also like to know that is this version available for Android as well ? because i use Firefox as default on both my PC and Samsung Galaxy smartphone. At present amusing Firefox 10 on my smartphone.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 13 New features include New Tab Page, Reset Button and many more

No, Firefox 13 is not available for Android yet and also i dont think they will release it so early. because they have just updated FF10 with many security fixed that makes it the most stable version for Android devices yet. :-\