Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Fix Diablo 3 Error 12 - Battle.net account does not have Diablo III license

Fix Diablo 3 Error 12 - Battle.net account does not have Diablo III license

I got too late for this game due to one of my office project. But anyways, finally i got it. I just download a digital copy of Diablo 3 yesterday, downloading went fine, installation went fine, even i got a message from my battle.net account that my Diablo is active and ready to go. I was so happy. But as soon as i tried to login with the game, i got an error saying

"This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III licence attached to it. (Error 12)"
    What the…. I searched about this error and found that it occurs due to some region settings. What is it all about and how to fix it?

Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Fix Diablo 3 Error 12 - Battle.net account does not have Diablo III license

Many users faced and still facing the said error (Error 12) with Diablo 3 in every corner of the world. This error is nothing but something related to your Region. I dont have much idea about this because i am not playing this episode of Diablo.

Anyways, many users tried to fix this problem by changing region and some dint succeeded but i found a good solution for the same. Forget about regions and server, simply Change your battle.net account Password. Thats it. As soon as you change your account password, your account will be forced to refresh. And now for the next time you login, you will get your server with error 12 any more. 8)

Error 12 occurred to US users couple of days ago because their servers were not up at that time. But as now its up they are no more facing this error and enjoying the game smoothly. However, if you guys who facing this error as based in Asia or Europe, you will need to change your region to your respective ones. Because the main reason of getting this error is if you are trying to log-in on Global servers. So just go to game options and change the region to your country. Thats it. it will work. Reply if you still getting the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by desidude View Post
    Anyways, many users tried to fix this problem by changing region and some dint succeeded but i found a good solution for the same. Forget about regions and server, simply Change your battle.net account Password. Thats it. As soon as you change your account password, your account will be forced to refresh. And now for the next time you login, you will get your server with error 12 any more. 8)
    is it so simple ? I mean can we fix this by just changing the password ? Cool. I'll try it out as soon as i reach home. I was afraid unnecessarily. I though that am problem with my game copy....something like i lost the license or my 7 plus GB of download got waste, etcc

By the way, thanks a lot guys. I'll reply soon after changing my password.