Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Best software to remove background noise from an recorded Audio File

Best software to remove background noise from an recorded Audio File

I have some audio files that I recorder from my HTC One X mobile phone. But when I play them on my system I can hear loude noises in the background. I tried cleaning it with the help of few software dint worked. I don’t want to name those apps here because I want o know which is best according you all for this purpose.

Please help.

Re: Best software to remove background noise from an recorded Audio File

Well, according to me Audacity is one of the best software that i can recommend you for the same. You can download it from web. If you find any noise in your audio files, just go through the below Steps:

• Click “Effect,” then “Noise Removal.” Adjust the “Less/More” bar to determine how much noise to remove, and “Preview” the clip, steps are given below which will help you
    • In QuickTime Pro, export sounds the .wav file. Click “File,” then “Export.” Use the dropdown menu to choose “Export Sound to Wave. Find a segment of the background noise you wish to remove. then
    • Select that segment of noise. Open the file in audacity. Retrieve the “noise file “Select the entire file
    • Click “Effect,” then “Noise Removal.” Adjust the “Less/More” bar to determine how much noise to remove, and “Preview” the clip, and then Click remove noise, save the project, and export it as a .wave file.
    • Open the correct audio file through QuickTime, select the correct audio file
    • Copy the corrected audio file Select the existing audio on the .move file by moving the markers to the beginning and end of the clip. Click “Edit,” then “Add to Selection and Scale.”Click window and then show movie properties.

There are lots of feature given in the WavePad Audio Editing Software. For example sound editing function include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto trim and more. Audio effects include amplify, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse and many more . So you can fix your problem by editing and it’s not an hardware issue.

If you are getting enough noise so you can see the “EFFECT” option at the top of this software , click on it, and then click on “noise reduction” option you will get a three option, select second last. option on it and you will get a noise reduction menu on the other side. Save this editing file in wave format

Thanks a lot guys, that is what i actually came here for.

Really appreciated.