Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Android on Nokia E7

How to install Android on Nokia E7

That’s actually what I want to klnow…can I install android on my Nokia E7 ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Android on Nokia E7

I dont think it is possible in any way. Nokia will never take Android on its devices officially because it has its own Operating system, as you might be knowing already, called Symbian. Moreover they have recently created a new OS "Belle" to compete with Android. Belle was created with the similar smooth user interface as Android so they can hold their existing customers moving to any other company. Also i think Nokia will not create even hardware that will support Android. So forget getting Android on Nokia E7

Well thats true obama but scenario getting bit changed. As you also might be aware that though Nokia has its own operating system, still they tied up with Microsoft and launched 3 Windows Phone devices. Also, there were few guys who find out the way to install Android on Nokia N9 smartphone as you can see here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...3-Step-by-Step . They have also given step by step process for doing the same as well.

So, there are some chances in future that we can install Android on some of Nokia devices as well. Lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by saanz View Post
    Well thats true obama but scenario getting bit changed. As you also might be aware that though Nokia has its own operating system, still they tied up with Microsoft and launched 3 Windows Phone devices. Also, there were few guys who find out the way to install Android on Nokia N9 smartphone as you can see here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...3-Step-by-Step . They have also given step by step process for doing the same as well.

So, there are some chances in future that we can install Android on some of Nokia devices as well. Lets see.
    That was really great info and great tutorial in that provided link, Thanks a lot Saanz. I would like to know that can't we try those steps on Nokia E7 ? I mean, dont we have atleast 50% of chances for making it work ?

Nope. I'll recommend you just dont try to do it on your Nokia E7. If it would have been possible those guys might have mentioned the list of Nokia handsets compatible with Android OS. but they dint. hence, if you try installing Android on E7, it means you playing with its OS, bootloader and many more system files that can make your device Dead. And that will even kill the warranty. If the process failed, you will need to loose your device. 8)

There is an Application called “+GDesk” that will make your phone look like Android. Note, it will not install actual Android Operating system on your device, it will just change the user interface of your symbian system. You wont be getting any Android features or apps.