Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: When is Google releasing Nexus Tablet, release date and Specifications?

When is Google releasing Nexus Tablet, release date and Specifications?

I am a great fan of Android devices. Already have an Asus transformer Tab and Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone. Couple of months ago I heard that Google was about to release its own Nexus Tablet somewhere in May 2012. Well, may is about to end but I am not able to find any info on its release.

Do you guys know when is it releasing ? Whether its releasing or not so that I can go for some another Tab.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: When is Google releasing Nexus Tablet, release date and Specifications?

Yes, you heard correct. Google was about to release the Nexus tablet in May this year but due to some problem they are now releasing the same in July. There might be some conflict in production that made them postpone the launch two months ahead. FYI, Nexus tab is not Google’s own, its been manufactured by Asus with Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich.

Google will also release its new Nexus tablets later somewhere in October with its upcoming new mobile operating system: Felly Bean Android 5

As per the specifications of the Nexus tablets, it will feature a 7inch 1280×800 resolution, 1GB Ram and many more upgraded Android features. The interesting part here is Nexus Tab was about to be launched with NVIDIA quad-core Tegra 3 processor and Android 5 Jelly bean, but Google’s strategy now is to create a better competition. Hence they dropped the plan of using Jelly Bean and the tabs will be launched with Android 4 ICS in this July. And they are also not using the Tegra 3 processor to keep the price reasonable for the completion. Hence it would be now probably dual-core Snapdragon S4.

Though Google will launch Nexus Tabs later with jelly bean that will be manufactured by five different companies including Samsung, Asus, HTC and Google’s own Motorola.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Hey thats great info Friends, Thanks to you both guys. That was really helpful information for me. but i got confused again. now am think should i go with tha Tab launching in July or show i wait till October where i will get Nexus with Andoid's new Jelly Bean OS.

Anyways, Can you guys please help me little more ? Could you please let me know the prices as well ? for the both July release and the ones coming later with jelly bean ? Thanks in advance.

Well, there is no official announcement of prices for the Jelly Bean Nexus Tablets. Will be revealed later somewhere in August or September.

And as per the ICS Nexus tablets those are releasing in July will cost you between $149 to $199.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Master View Post
    Well, there is no official announcement of prices for the Jelly Bean Nexus Tablets. Will be revealed later somewhere in August or September.

And as per the ICS Nexus tablets those are releasing in July will cost you between $149 to $199.
    Well guys, as the Tablet is now launched, just thought to update you guys with the same. Google launched the first ever Nexus 7 tablet running with latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean last month in Google I/O conference and started taking pre-orders. Since yesterday they have actually started shipping the device.

Price set for Nexus 7 8GB tablet is $149 and 16GB for $249. Hope we get it soon as well. Whoever, gets it first, please share your experiences here. Thanks.

Thanks for the info friend, but we already heard that news.

Can you please tell me where can i buy this in India ? Please let me know any local retails shop, Online retailers or any place. I have searched lot but dint found where can i order one for me. Please help.

Well infact Google started shipping Nexus 7 tabs on July 19th and that too just in US. As you want to buy it in India, please check this for more info: http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...ablet-in-India