Thread: Are you aware of this Hidden Features in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

Are you aware of this Hidden Features in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

Samsung has worked really hard to make their latest flagship equipped with latest technologies and helpful features. There are so many things to explore in the new UI software they have used in those new flagships but have you explored them all ? I doubt, because i found some hidden features too in my Galaxy S7 Edge.

Samsung's new 'Advanced features' section carries some really advance features. If you are owing any of these phones, you must check each options provided in that section. I found two feature there very interesting. Quick Dial and Show all apps on Home screen.

Quick Dial:

You will find this option in Advanced section as said. Usually the long press on Home key brings up the Google App but once you enable Quick Dial from settings, the long press home key will let you make quick calls by simply saying the Name (contact). Simply it is using the Samsung S-Voice technology to do this. But seems to be that it is still not fully functional because most of the time it fails to make the call or can't recognize the contact. 'Okay Google' is much smarter than this, as of now.

Show all apps on home screen:

This is no very special but new in Samsung phones. We have seen this on iPhones as well as Android phones too such as Lenovo's. Once you enable this option from settings, your App Drawer will be gone. Because all apps will be available from your Home Screen itself. I guess Samsung wants to provide this feature before Google brings it in Android N.

Re: Are you aware of this Hidden Features in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

Remember, you can find these features in Settings > Advanced Settings > Galaxy Labs.

As its name contains 'Labs', clearly these are development sort of tools which are under testing, like Android's built-in Developer Options. So you may get some errors as well.