Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to launch Diablo 3 game.

Unable to launch Diablo 3 game.

What is wrong with my Diablo 3 launcher ? It just don’t want to launch the game. Whenever I click on ‘play’, it crashes and restarts itself. This is the only step that am repeating since morning today.

Pleas help :-[

Re: Unable to launch Diablo 3 game.

There could be many reasons for the same as I have seen on various forums, many gamers faced this problem. But the main reason behind this for many gamers was the system requirements. So I would like to suggest please check if you meet the following system configs:

• Windows XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
    • Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better
    • 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
    • 12 GB available HD space
    • DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
    • 1024x768 minimum resolutions
    • Broadband Internet connection

Say thanks to me in advance because I have just fixed this error on my system. Even my game client was unable to launch, after hours of workaround I finally fixed it by running again the Downloader Program. Yes, that’s right. I re-run the downloader again that gave me error with some of the earlier downloaded files. It automatically downloaded some new files of about 105MBs and guess what, my game is running now comfortably.

So what you need to do here is forget the setup.exe and simply run the downloader again. Make sure to point the program to the directory you saved the client folder.Thats it. Reply with the results.

Hey guys, even am having similar kind of problem with my Diablo 3. Whenever i try to launch the game, it gives me an error stating:

"ERROR: The installer was unable to open installer data. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support."

The error actually occurs when i try to install the game from launcher screen showing it custom directory to install. What should be done to get rid of this ? Any help appreciated.

Well, you need to launch the downloaded installer as admin (Right click, select ‘Run as Admin’) manually. Remember that if you have set it to run as admin automatically, that would be creating problems because agent.exe don’t have so much of rights to access and .exe file that actually required to manually Run as Admin. Same thing for compatibility as well. So you need to do these two things manually and launch the game. It should work.

Whenever you download the installer, make sure to save it on your hard-drive, once completed go to download folder and launch the game from the originally downloaded launcher and not from any shortcut. It works, try it out.