Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Crashes, Fatal Error #132 (0x85100084)

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Crashes, Fatal Error #132 (0x85100084)

Hey friends, need some urgent help from all. Yesterday night I download WOW Mists of Pandaria. Downloading was successful, even installation was successful. I dint got any type of problem. Even I dint faced any problem while logging in with my account. But as soon as I get to the next screen, the game crashes. I tried it 3 times and is the same. At the last attempt I got the following error:

This application has encountered a critical error:
    ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: D:\World of Warcraft Beta\WoW.exe

ProcessID: 8448
    Exception: 0xC000008E (FLT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 0023:65BB8F38
    What is it all about and how can I fix this problem? Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Crashes, Fatal Error #132 (0x85100084)

Thanks for starting this topic ‘light’. Even am facing the same problem error but its not at the situation as you mentioned above. I get this error whenever I click to select any of the game character. What could be the problem here, the game itself or the character ?

Well, you guys are not alone with the said error “Error 132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception”. And am sure this problem is not with the game. Many users faced the same error. And as per my research and workaround, I found that the cause of this error is 64-bit client. As of now as a solution, I can only say that you should change the game settings to 32-bit of the game launcher from game preferences and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by krunal View Post
    Thanks for starting this topic ‘light’. Even am facing the same problem error but its not at the situation as you mentioned above. I get this error whenever I click to select any of the game character. What could be the problem here, the game itself or the character ?
    Did you get this error only while selecting the same character or any random character ? If you getting with the same character than there are possibilities that problem is with that particular. And i could sure with this because this is not the first time it happened, it has happened various times earlier as well.Many certain buff had issues upon entering and LFD dungeon in the past. So, why dont you just try selecting other characters and see if you getting the same error again. Reply with the results.

Thanks for the suggestion The Patcher. Unfortunately am getting the crash while selecting any of the characters.

What to do now? Isn't there any patch to fix this ?

FYI, the Error code 132 is yet an unspecified error. All errors that occurs whos actual cause yet not had been traced gives you this error code. So its very difficult to say the exact solution here. But still there are many workarounds we can try, hope any one of them fix this error. What you can do is uninstall the game completely from your system, go to program files and shift delete the interface folder. Now re-install the game again. Wish if it could fix the crash.

Yeah, that’s correct. The actual cause for Error 132 is yet unknown. So the only solution left is to try out basic troubleshootings such as updating graphics drivers, motherboard drivers, disabling antivirus or any security suites installed on your system while playing the game.

I would also like to say that most of the time gamers faced this error when they were using Intel integrated graphics card. Hence to make sure that it is not same in your case you should change it to DirectX9 by going under Graphics API under Options > Game Preferences on the Launcher

hey, you i guess you were correct. by following the above solutions as well, i uninstalled the game and did fresh installation, also updated the drivers. And before actually starting playing the game, i changed the Graphics API to directx as i was too using Intel Graphics HD. And guess what, no more crashes on my system. i can play the game comfortably. Really appreciated all your helps. ;D