Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Warlock: Master of the Arcane Crashes, need patch or Troubleshooting

Warlock: Master of the Arcane Crashes, need patch or Troubleshooting

Hi. I recently bought Warlock: Master of the Arcane and playing it on steam since 2 days. But in these 2 days my game might have crashed more than 30 times. I uninstalled and reinstalled it again but still the same problem. Donít know what is wrong. I found many people playing this game but only few of them are facing this problem. Is something wrong with the game or my system ? if its with the game, please let me know from where I can get any kind of Patch to fix the same or let me know if I need to do some troubleshooting. All your helps appreciated. Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Warlock: Master of the Arcane Crashes, need patch or Troubleshooting

Its not only you facing this problem there are many users facing the same problem with any game. Mostly people face game Crash or CTD while playing on steam due to some reasons. And the most supercilious reason behind this is security programs installed on your system. Specially I can say antivirus programs such as AVG 7.5, Nod32 or Norton Symentec. These 3 antivirus has been already confirmed causing problems for many steam users and instability with Steam and Source Engine games.

So, Iíll suggest you to better uninstall if you have any of these antivirus programs on your PC and get some alternate. Yeah, thatís correct. I said to uninstall because even disabling these programs will not work if you want to play games on steam. You can simply install any other antivirus programs that can be disabled whenever you need to play games on steam.

Regards.

What is your system configuration? That can also be the cause for the crash, lag or any such kind of problems. Just check below that you meet the following requirements:

• Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7
    • Processor: Pentium IV 2.4GHz
    • Memory: 1 GB (Windows XP) / 2GB (Windows Vista / 7)
    • Hard disk space: 700 MB
    • Audio device: compatible with DirectX
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon X1800 or NVIDIA GeForce 7800

If you meet the same and still facing the problem, make sure that meet the DirectX and Pixel Shader Requirements as well for playing games on Steam.

It will be sad to hear that there is no Patch released yet for Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Steam is about to release one for the same. So till than you need to go with some troubleshooting to fix your crashes with the game. And I agree with the above post saying antivirus conflicts with steam. Thatís completely true. You must disable your security suites while playing game online. Also you must always ensure that you donít have any unwanted process running behind while you start the game online. There are various programs that conflics in this situation like any Spyware or Adware Programs, and Spyware Terminator, Daemon Tools, Google Toolbar, Google Updater, uToorent, etcc. Sobetter is to simply kill all unwanted process and enjoy the game comfortably.

Thanks a lot Patcher, i was not aware of this. Yes, i have Norton 2012 Antivirus installed on my system and i guess that is the cause of my problem. Anyways, i'll just install it and see of i can play the game comfortably now. Great info by the way.

@Raone: Thanks buddy. System requirement is not the problem here i guess because i meet all those hardware mentioned there. Thanks anyway

There are also many more things required to fix the CTD or Lag of any game. Apart from disabling security suites to fix the frequent crash of a game, you also need to update Drivers, update DirectX, and the most important also update your Windows. This will help you to fix certain gaming and other issues. Also make sure that you update motherboard BIOS. 8)