Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to pause Automatic Windows updates in windows 10

How to pause Automatic Windows updates in windows 10

Hey guys, please tell me how can we we pause or cancel the running updates in Windows 10 PC ? Let me explain the situation.

I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. From past few days having some issue with internet speed. Now today, the system is downloading new 'Insider Preview Build 11099' which is of course in GBs and making my internet too slow to work. I am not able to work on internet at all due to the Windows update.

I want to pause this update so that i can do other internet works, and will resume the update when done with my works. But the problem is i cannot see any settings (like in Win 7 and 8) to cancel or pause this update. Also checked the Advanced option. Nothing there too.

Somebody please tell me if there is any way to Cancel or Pause Automatic updates in Windows 10.

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: How to pause Automatic Windows updates in windows 10

Which edition of Windows 10 are you using? I mean, if it is Windows 10 Home or Windows Insider Preview, then you will have no choice to pause of cancel the updates. In fact you dont even have a choice to select which updates to install and which not.

Microsoft just wants these users to be updates with all latest updates and recent security patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayam View Post
    Which edition of Windows 10 are you using? I mean, if it is Windows 10 Home or Windows Insider Preview, then you will have no choice to pause of cancel the updates. In fact you dont even have a choice to select which updates to install and which not.

Microsoft just wants these users to be updates with all latest updates and recent security patches.
    That's pretty much true buddy, but not all. Microsoft did announced that for Windows Home and Insider users but later they realized that some updates try again and again download and install, after crashing the system. There are several drivers that gets downloaded via updates and crash the system.

Hence, Microsoft released a tool called "Show or hide updates troubleshooter". Using this tool you can select which updates to install and which not. You can also Hide all updates which is also equivalent to disabling "Automatic Updates".

Here are some screenshots of this tool.

I am using that tool, no doubt, it is very helpful but i dont think it is going to help the OP because he wants to pause the Windows Builds from downloading. But this tool doesn't gives you that option.

As said above, Microsoft will keep the users updated with all latest Security Patches, no matter you like or not.