Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install/update to Apple iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad 3

How to install/update to Apple iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad 3

Hello guys, I just found a News on news section of this forum saying that Apple has updated its iOS to v5.1.1. Thats really great news for me because i have recently bought an iPad 3 and facing some bugs that seems to be fixed with this update.

So can you guys please let me know how can i get this update or how i need to install this update on my iPad 3 ? Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install/update to Apple iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad 3

Well, you just need to go for OTA option and you will get the prompt with the available firmware. Follow the below given few steps:

• Tab on Menu button
    • Go to Settings
    • Click on 'Software Update'
    • You will get a detailed information about the new 5.1.1 update with an options saying "Download and Install" as shown in the image below.

• Just click on the same and wait for few minutes to get it down.
    • Thats it. you

OR else, if you want to do it through iTunes, follow these steps:

• Connect your iPad 3 with your Mac or Windows PC.
    • Launch iTunes. (For better performance and to get the job done comfortably, make sure you have the latest iTunes 10.5)
    • As soon as iTunes opens, you will get a prompt saying that new Firmware is available for your devices as shown in the image below:

• If you want to just download now and install later, click on download. And i you want to update it right now, simply click on Download and Update

Thats it. Your iPad 3 will be running on latest iOS 5.1.1 with many if the bugs fixed.
    Enjoy !!

Thank you very very much Offline, for this great step by step tutorial. Really appreciated.

i'll try out any of these tutorial (Probably will go for OTA update) and if found any problem, will revert back here.

Really a very good tutorial for a newbie like me. Even am interested in this topic. I wanted to know is this the same tutorial for iPhone 4S as well or i need to go with different steps ?

Please let me know ASAP.,

Quote Originally Posted by Innis View Post
    Really a very good tutorial for a newbie like me. Even am interested in this topic. I wanted to know is this the same tutorial for iPhone 4S as well or i need to go with different steps ?
    yes, steps are same for all 3 devices, whether its iPad or iPhone or iPos touch. But there is a little tweak. You can only follow the above steps if your device is running on iOS5 or above.

If you still stuck with iOS4.xx you will need to update v5.1.1 ONLY through iTunes. You will not get it through OTA. So simply follow the second procedure given above and get it done. make sure you are having latest iTunes installed on your system.