Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: My Toshiba laptop is on but Screen turns off.

My Toshiba laptop is on but Screen turns off.

Donít know whats wrong with my Toshiba Satellite. Am having this a year and is running on Windows XP SP3. Since last couple of days, donít know what went wrong. My screen turns off black automatically but my laptop remains ON. I can feel the vibration of fans and all. In case, in order to bring it normal, I need to hit the sleep button.

Could you guys let me know what is the problem and how can I fix it ?

Any help appreciated.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: My Toshiba laptop is on but Screen turns off.

That could be problem with drivers or BIOS. But as you said you are using it since a year, it will be obviously still under warranty, isn't it. SO instead of doing something yourself, simply take it to Service center and get it fixed. They will not charge you anything and will be done better than you do.

Yes, you are right. There could be many reasons for the screen turning off though the system is ON. Could be cable problem, Driver, Virus, Bios or any hardware fault. If you will try to fix it yourself you will need to check each and everything mentioned above, will take long time and you need experience for that, also it could kill your warranty. So better get it done by the service center guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    My screen turns off black automatically but my laptop remains ON. I can feel the vibration of fans and all. In case, in order to bring it normal, I need to hit the sleep button.

Could you guys let me know what is the problem and how can I fix it ?
    I doubt the cause for this problem is backlight settings. Can you tell that does the screen goes only while working on Batteries OR also while it is plugged in?

Thanks for your helps guys. The screen frequently goes off while running only on Batteries. When it is plugged this happens very less but the problem is more while working only on batteries.

Than probably the battery is the culprit. Before doing anything else, better try changing batteries or get battery temporary from other similar laptop just to check.

Also, try changing the backlight settings, that too could be the problem. Just go to Control Panel, click on Power Options. Here scroll below and you will see a option for 'Turn off Monitor After ****' . Change the time to something 4 OR 6 hours.

Now see if you are getting the same problem.