Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Sniper Elite V2 Error:“Sniperelitev2demo.exe has stopped responding” on Win 7

Sniper Elite V2 Error:“Sniperelitev2demo.exe has stopped responding” on Win 7

Hey guys, need some urgent help. 2 days ago I downloaded the game ‘Sniper Elite V2’, it worked fine for the first few hours but later suddenly crashed poping up an error saying “Sniperelitev2demo.exe has stopped responding”. I tried restarting the game many times, it works for about 5 minutes and again I get the same error.

I don’t think I have some problem with my system, and config is Windows 7 (64bit), GTX 285, Core i7 and 2 GB RAM. How can I fix this error? Please help.

Re: Sniper Elite V2 Error:“Sniperelitev2demo.exe has stopped responding” on Win 7

Probably could be the graphics setting error but as you said it worked fine for first few hours it is making me confused. Anyways, just try updating your graphics driver and don’t run the game on full graphics settings. Also update DirectX. Some times while playing on steam (as our system is connected on internet) many antivirus programs create conflicts and we get such error. So, also disable antivirus, update direct X, update graphics driver, low out your graphic settings and try running the game.

Re: Sniper Elite V2 Error:“Sniperelitev2demo.exe has stopped responding” on Win 7

There is a very simple solution to fix this error. You just need go to the installation folder and run it in Compatibility mode. Note that you have run from the installation folder and not from the desktop desktop.

Just locate the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sniper elite v2 demo\bin\
    Now right click the setup, go to properties and make run with XP compatibility mode.