Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: New Firmware Update available for Nokia Lumia 800, fixes volume bug

New Firmware Update available for Nokia Lumia 800, fixes volume bug

Exactly a month ago Nokia had released a firmware for Lumia 800 that fixed few issues including the major battery problems. Now today, Nokia has released one more update for 800 that fixes volume bug. Even I have the same volume bug where my Volume goes very high in the start of the ring and also during playing games.

There are few more improvements included with this new Nokia Lumia 800 Firmware v1600.2487.8107.12070 like even more battery life, updated Camera application where it has now auto detection of 50/60Hz. The new firmware has been Code named as 12072 that will be available only in few regions, not worldwide until few more weeks.

As of now, there is nothing official on Nokia’s site hence we cannot say which countries will be getting this update but Vodafone Australia has revealed the same for few particular regions.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: New Firmware Update available for Nokia Lumia 800, fixes volume bug

Hey thanks for the new. Thats really a great news as i was really annoyed of the loud Ring Volume of my Lumia. Fortunately am from Australia too and hope i'll be getting this update for my device. Now as you said that there is official announcement of this update on Nokia website, i would like to know whether the installation process is same as usual where we update it with the help of Zune or do i need to update it in some another way?

Please let me know the step by step process of updating Firmware v12072 on my Lumia 800. Thank you.

Re: New Firmware Update available for Nokia Lumia 800, fixes volume bug

I think Yes the installation process of this new firmware seems to be different from others. I found the steps mentioned on mobiletechworld.com about installing this update on your Lumia 800 but you have to do this on your own risk. If you agree, follow the below given steps for the same:

• First of all download the above mentioned firmware from here and WPupdate tools from here.
    • Now create a new folder on the desktop and Unzip the WPupdate Tools in the same.
    • Copy the download Firmware file to the same folder where you had unzipped WPupdate tools.
    • Now launch Zune application on your pc and connect the smartphone via cable.
    • Wait until the Zune client starts , detects the device and then close it.
    • Run the the Updater and press S or B
    • Your phone will then reboot in download mode and update (donít unplug it or do stupid things with your PC during the whole process..)

Thats it. You are done.