Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Patch now available to solve The Walking Dead audio issues

Patch now available to solve The Walking Dead audio issues

Good news for gamers playing The Walking Dead. As many users faced some Audio / Sound issues or lagging while playing the game, the developer Telltale has released a patch that will fix this issue on both Windows and Mac OS PCs.

How to apply the patch:

1. If you are playing The Walking Dead on Steam, the patch will starting updating itself when you launch the game very next time. You will just need to wait for few minutes untill it gets updated.

2. If you have bought the game online, you will need to reinstall the game again. Its bit sad but thats the only way as of now. Make sure that you have connected to internet while reinstalling the game so that you get the Patch applied to the same.

Re: Patch now available to solve The Walking Dead audio issues

Hey Gamer, thanks for such a great info. I was really annoyed with the nasty audio compression problem with this game on my Windows 7 PC, and i was blaming my speakers for the same. I just came to know that problem was with the game :-\

Anyways, i have a small query on this. Am not playing the game on steam, i bought it directly from the online store provided. So, as per your instructions, i'll need to reinstalla the game, right ?

If yes, what about my Save Games ? Obviously it will be deleted if reinstall the game. And if no, i doubt it will work with the fresh installation because those are Auto-Saved. What should i do ? Please help.

Re: Patch now available to solve The Walking Dead audio issues

Quote Originally Posted by Youth View Post
    If yes, what about my Save Games ? Obviously it will be deleted if reinstall the game. And if no, i doubt it will work with the fresh installation because those are Auto-Saved. What should i do ? Please help.
    Even i had the same confusion as i dont wanted to loose my saves. So i took a risk, applied some trick and that work for me. What i did was, i dint uninstalled the game before installing it again. just started the new installation process to overwrite the existing one. While in the process, it asked me whether i want to keep old save games, and i said yes, Thats it. The game also installed, patch updated and dint even lost my Savegame. :P