As all Android users know that they need to install Custom ROM (Root) on their mobile to increase its performance and its capability. Today there is new Custom ROM available that is called as LeeDroid. It is something new that call itself a one of the fastest developing and most feature-rich ROM specially for the HTC devices such as HTC One X. If you own a One X, this something that you must have on your device.
Requirements before installing LeeDroiD One Xtreme:
There are few important requirements that your system must meet before installing this custom firmware. Such as:
- Make sure that your HTC One X is rooted and is has unlocked bootlaoder along with the installed latest ClockworkMod Recovery.
- If you don’t have it yet, download the latest one from here and install it.
- As we always do, make sure you have backed up the entire device before installing this firmware so that you won’t lose any of your important data.
- Always make your battery full so that it should not get down during the process or your device may Brick.
- Download adb-fastboot from here for your Windows PC.
- Download LeeDrOiD_One_Xtreme_V4.0.0.zip.md5 from here and save it on your pc.
- Download and save boot.img on your pc.
- Disable all antivirus programs on your system and enable USB Debugging in your Smartphone.
That’s it. Now its time to start the installation process but note that you have to do this on your own risk. I or this website is not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Installing LeeDroiD One Xtreme V4.0 on HTC One X:
- First of all you need to move the downloaded LeeDrOiD_One_Xtreme_V4.0.0.zip.md5 to your mobile. Connect your device to computer via cable and transfer the file to One X.
- Now transfer the boot.img as well to the location where adb-fastboot is located.
- Now disconnect the device from your computer and turn off.
- Now Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power Button on your HTC One X to boot it in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- When you see the recovery mode options on your screen, navigate using the Volume keys to locate ‘Recovery’ option and press power button to select the same and enter.
- If you want to backup the device again, you can simply create Nandroid backup at this stage by going to ‘Backup and Restore’ and tapping on backup.
- Once done with the above backup, Its time to apply LeeDroid. Select “install zip from sd card”, now click on “choose zip from sd card”. Locate the folder where you have copied LeeDroid Once Xtreme v4 Firmware Package and seletect it.
- Now wait for few minutes and allow the system to install the Custom Rom. It will take around 10 to 15 minutes
- Once it is done, boot again into Bootloader Mode and select adb-fastboot this time.
- Now locate the adb-fastboot folder on your PC and double click commandprompt.bat.
- This will open a command prompt where you need to type the following commands, carefully:
That’s it. Your HTC One X will restart again and you are done. Your One X is now with all new Android ICS with LeeDroid One Xtreme v4.0.0 custom ROM. Note: If you face any problem while installation of the firmware or in case it gets freezed at any point, restart the process again for scratch.fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache