Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Prototype 2 Installation Error “Prototype 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install”

Prototype 2 Installation Error “Prototype 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install”

I found a thread here about prototype 2 installation problem http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...2-on-Windows-7 but this bit different from my issue. I am running Windows XP and am getting error message stating “Prototype 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install” while installing the game.

Now as there is nothing in the error about any requirement or hardware or anything, hence am not able to get the reason of this error. Do you have any idea what is it about and how can i fix it ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Prototype 2 Installation Error “Prototype 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install”

What is your system Configuration ? I hope you meet the system requirements for this game, just if you meet these:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 GHz or similar AMD
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • HDD: 10 GB free disk space
    • Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
    • DirectX: Version 9

If your system requirement is proper, than probably might be the issue of drivers. try updating all drivers and reinstall the game. See if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    I am running Windows XP and am getting error message stating “Prototype 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install” while installing the game.
    Well dude, you dont need to worry about system requirements, you might be having that for sure if you bought this game, right ;D

This problem is surely related to Microsoft C++. I have faced this problem in past and i know how to fix it. You just need to uninstall all Microsoft C++ files. Once done, reboot the system and try installation again. It will work and you are welcome in advance. 8)

Fore more info,check this out: http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...Sound-and-more

Yes you are correct. Above solution must fix the installation error you facing. But after uninstalling C++ files, before rebooting the system also make sure you dont have any file or folder related to Prototype anywhere in the installation directory. Go to Program files > Activision, and if you find any folder here regarding this game, shift + Delete it. Now restart the pc and try installing the game. It will work.