Thread: How to get rid of disksnapshot.exe window on Windows 10

How to get rid of disksnapshot.exe window on Windows 10

Somebody please tell me what is disksnapshot.exe window that keeps on appearing only when i leave my PC idle and how to get rid of it? Is it any kid of virus or a program from Microsoft? I can only see a blank command prompt having nothing on it. Like this:

Please tell me what to do about this? I'm really concerned of it. How can we stop this ?

Re: How to get rid of disksnapshot.exe window on Windows 10

Dont worry. It is a a Microsoft program that just takes the snapshot of your Hard drive, without collecting any personal DATA. It is not a virus.

Also, you see it only when PC is idle because it is programmed so to not disturb you while working. However, it was not appearing it older builds. Should be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by krish View Post
    However, it was not appearing it older builds. Should be fixed soon.
    That's absolutely correct. It is a program in Windows since long time but it started getting visible from i guess Build 10576. So, it is just a glitch and should be fixed soon. Probably Microsoft will fix it in next built. You dont need to worry about it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WhosThis? View Post
    Probably Microsoft will fix it in next built. You dont need to worry about it.
    Disksnapshot.exe glitch is already fixed in the latest Build 10586 which was rolled out couple of days ago for Fast Ring. have a look at this: