Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What is Stardock Tiles and how to use it in Windows 8

What is Stardock Tiles and how to use it in Windows 8

Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 system to Windows 8 Consumer preview at the day it got released. I must say itís a great OS from Microsoft with lots of new features. And since its release I found many third party developers making softwares for its customization that makes it much better. Recetly I heard about Stardock Tiles. I read little bit about the same on internet but want to know what exactly is it and what it does in our W8 systems ? Also let me know how to use it on this new OS? Thanks in advance friends.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: What is Stardock Tiles and how to use it in Windows 8

I must say that Stardock Tiles is one of the great 3rd party apps available for W8 systems. As we already know StarDock itself is very well know software manufacturer for windows 8 PCs, since XP. Their newest product ĎTilesí allows you complete control of windows and running applications right from your desktop. It actually creates a customizable sidebar on the edge of your desktop screen from where you can view them and easily interact with all running apps. There are lots more options that makes your work so easy with its features and configurations. You can see the options in the below image:

It has great new features. In my windows 8 system I have stardock tiles. In this application you can see all the application you have opened. You can adjust the tiles as you want. It will be seen at the side of the windows of your desktop. It shows everything right on the side of your desktop no matter if you are downloading anything, you can see that also at the side bar. Only the problem with this app is it occupies huge space of your desktop. Nearly 30% of your desktop gets covered with this app running.

Quote Originally Posted by NishitM View Post
    It has great new features. In my windows 8 system I have stardock tiles. In this application you can see all the application you have opened. You can adjust the tiles as you want. It will be seen at the side of the windows of your desktop. It shows everything right on the side of your desktop no matter if you are downloading anything, you can see that also at the side bar. Only the problem with this app is it occupies huge space of your desktop. Nearly 30% of your desktop gets covered with this app running.
    Just to correct you , I would like to say that it will cover the 30% space but there is option for you to hide it, right ? You can also hide the tiles when not in use. If you are not aware of the same, follow these steps:

• Open Stardock and go to configuration.
    • Click on size and location.
    • Here you will find an option called Ďautomatic hide the bar when not in useí.
    • Enable this option.

Thatís it. Now it will auto hide when not in use and you get your desktop space back. Isnít it that simple?

Hey thank you friends...for such a great info. Really appreciated. Can I get bit info on configuring the same ?

Hey friend, I think you should check out this video. It has lots of information about Stardock Tiles.