Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: There should be Bandwidth meter for Cisco Linksys E4200.

There should be Bandwidth meter for Cisco Linksys E4200.

What you guys think about adding bandwidth meter for the Cisco Linksys E4200? Personally I wish it should be added. I know that I am not the only one who would love to have it but there are several such people that would be waiting for this feature. I would love to have the bandwidth caps with the ISP which would limit the transfer of special amount of data over a special interval of time. What is your suggestion?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: There should be Bandwidth meter for Cisco Linksys E4200.

Yeah, that will be really very useful for E4200users. Users will be capable to control their bandwidth. I read somewhere that they had released the E line recently and they have also added IPV6 in the latest upgrade v1.0.03. I guess they will certainly add a traffic meter.

I donít think that they are going to do so. But you want to see your bandwith you can use any online software, there are several speed test software available online. And if you guys are discussing about internet connection bandwidth meter that actually comes from the modem, than you can also get the exact bandwidth calculation after connecting the PC direct to the modem that you are using at present.

hey friend, you are getting it totally wrong, I want a bandwidth meter that offers total control and track of my incoming and outgoing bandwidth from the entire client. A meter that will give me all stats of my total bandwidth usage of a day or a month. I don’t know that these features are there in the latest firmware of the Linksys. Is there any other firmware that has these features in it?

I donít have much idea for these but there are custom firmwares that are like various build of DD-wrt or tomato. They have the feature to track down the WAN bandwidth usage. Both of this firmware has these features. While in the tomato firmware it has both 2.4 and 5 GHz radios working. While I am using the firmware tomato and using it with the WRT54G the feature that you have mentioned is available in this.