Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What is the Safe operating CPU temperature for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

What is the Safe operating CPU temperature for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Friends I have an Intel DG965 board using with Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 processor. Through a program I have checked that the CPU temperature at lowest was 52C and at higher it was 66c. I measured this while playing a Video game online. The temperature seems very high from my point of view. I just want to know that what is the safe operating temperature for my Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 processor?

zeddo

Re: What is the Safe operating CPU temperature for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

I have a system and I am having the same processor i.e. Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 processor (2M Cache, 1.86 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB). I know the max recommend temperature of my processor it is 61.4C. While playing the games your processor is crossing the MAX temperature of your processor. My temperature reading is always below 60 C. The only suggestion I can give is always protect your system from getting overheated. You should also keep your mobo with updated BIOS. It helps lot in heating problems.

I too have similar problem with my system. I use my PC regularly for about 8 to 10 hours. I usually do bit work and lots of gaming. More often the temperature just gets increased. Is there any way to control the fan speed of the motherboard that we can control the speed of the motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyguy View Post
    If you want to control the speed of the fan then you can try to use the bios settings. But it is present only in the recent motherboards only.
    I dint found this option in my motherboard. So I thought of buying an external fan controller because this software will only control one or two fans in your rig. I have a Sentry LXE fan controller. It actually fits in one of your drive base. Also there are number of knobs that will help you to control the fan speed.

Quote Originally Posted by musician View Post
    I too have similar problem with my system. I use my PC regularly for about 8 to 10 hours. I usually do bit work and lots of gaming. More often the temperature just gets increased. Is there any way to control the fan speed of the motherboard that we can control the speed of the motherboard?
    Yes you can control the speed of the fan on your motherboard with the help of an software called ‘Speed Fan’. It helps you to control the speed of the fan. The app actually monitors the voltages, fan speeds and the temperature. The latest version is the speedfan 4.5. Or you can try with the Asrock extreme tuner.

If you want to control the speed of the fan then you can try to use the bios settings. But it is present only in the recent motherboards only.

1) First open the bios control by tapping the DEL button on boot up
    2) There you will find the fan settings. In gigabyte it has smart fan control for asus it has Q-fan control etc. The fan setting option will be seen under anyone of bios menu.
    3) Just enable this feature. That’s it.

Oh dear!

My pc crashed at 67c, apparently you should be aiming for max 60-65c under load.
    I would like to hit 59c under load max if it were me.
    I have some reasonably extreme mod's with air cooling, but mine is still getting rather hot.
    I would invest in a Thermalrite ultra 120, or a Zalman which I have, which works well.
    Big typhoon VX is also good on performance, but uses twist lock which is crap.

You should be able to get a good HSF for under $100.
    Go for it, it'll pull your heat down fair bit.

-----
    Antec SuperLanboy. Ultra X 550w PSU.
    EVGA 680i SLi E6300@3.3ghz,Zalman CNPS 9700NT.
    2gb OCZ DDR2 S.O.E 800mhz RAM Leadtek 7900GS,
    Audgy2ZS. logitech Z-5500, G15 and G7. Dell 2407FPW Seagate 320/200GB SATA