Thread: Microsoft Surface Book - First ever 'Ultimate Laptop' from Microsoft

Microsoft Surface Book - First ever 'Ultimate Laptop' from Microsoft

Microsoft not only launched new Lumia Smartphones and Surface Pro 4 tablet, but also an all new Laptop called 'Microsoft Surface Book'. It is their first ever tablet which can also be used as standalone Tablet by detaching the keyboard, hence we can also call it 2-in-1. It is now up for Pre-order, however the sale will start from October 26th. Coming to price, the Surface Book comes in different variants, and hence the prices varies. However, it starts from $1499, i.e. Rs. 97,300/- You can check the list of all Variants and Prices here.

Microsoft Surface Book features a 13.5 display with 3000 2000 pixels resolution and 267 PPI density. It offers 3:2 aspect ratio with 1800:1 contrast ratio. The entire laptop is about 22.8mm thick but if detached from the keyboard, the tablet alone is just 7.7mm. Pretty thin, isn't it? It also supports Surface Pen. The keyboard has the Backlit keyboard (1.6mm travel) and Glass Trackpad with 5 point multi touch support.

Introduction Video:

Running on latest Windows 10 Pro Operating system, the Surface Book comes with an 8 Megapixel camera it rear facing and a 5 Megapixel front facing camera. It also supports the Windows Hello Facial Authentication for better and comfortable security.

The tablet also has several connectivity ports including Two USB 3.0 ports, SD Card Reader, Headphones/Microphone Jack, mini DisplayPort, Surface Connect for power and docking system. Also the battery is said to be offering up to 12 hours of video playback.

Coming to processing power, as said, Microsoft Surface Book comes in different variants. It comes with 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, 8GB or 16GB of RAM, and same in Graphics department. You can check the detailed variant in the above provided article link.

Re: Microsoft Surface Book - First ever Laptop from Microsoft

Microsoft Surface Book Specifications:

• Software: Windows 10 Pro with 30-day trial MS Office
    • Display: 13.5 inch PixelSense display, 3000 x 2000 pixels Resolution, 267 PPI, 3:2 Aspect ratio, 10 point multi-touch
    • Storage: Solid state drive (SSD) options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB.
    • Processor: 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7
    • Graphics: i5: Intel HD graphics 520 / i5/i7: NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Processor
    • RAM: 8GB or 16GB RAM
    • Wireless: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE, 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
    • Ports: Two full-size USB 3.0, Full-size SD card reader, SurfaceConnectTM, Headset jack, Mini DisplayPort
    • Camera: 5 Megapixel front-facing camera, 8 Megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, with 1080p HD video recording
    • Audio: Front and rear-facing Dual microphones, Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby audio