Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How is the Linksys E3200 Firmware 1.0.03 (Build 9)

How is the Linksys E3200 Firmware 1.0.03 (Build 9)

Am having a Cisco Linksys E3200 router, using it since its released. I was out station from couple of months now, returned recently. I read somewhere a new firmware v1.0.03 (build 9) was released for my Router model. I want to update the same on my router, but as all latest firmware have some bugs or sometime they cont be good than the erlier one, so I wanted some feedback regarding this firmware. Has anyone updated to this firmware ? Please give some suggestions.

Re: How is the Linksys E3200 Firmware 1.0.03 (Build 9)

There are some new features added in this latest update like the lockdown WPS has been added along with few minor bugs fix. List of new features and fixed bugs are as follows:

• Added Enabled/Disabled feature for Wi-Fi Protected Setup in the web configuration
    • Added web configuration login timeout mechanism
    • Added supports of Native IPv6 on Parental Control
    • Added supports of Native IPv6 on guest network if there are more than two available IPv6 subnets
    • Added supports of Native IPv6 over PPPoE Internet connection when only keep alive option is selected.
    • Added IPv6 ULA (Unique Local IPv6 Address) feature
    • Improved IPv6 WAN performance
    • Fixed Linux kernel IPv6 fragment identification remote Denial-of-Service vulnerability
    • Fixed Router cannot get a WAN IP address form some ISP
    • Fixed some minor bugs

Thanks for the quick reply buddy. Changes done in this version seems good and I think I should get it on my router. Thanks again.

As a suggestion, I’ll say this is a good update, recent updated my router to 1.0.03 (Build 9). Am very happy with addition of WPS connection. I even got a security login before upgrading to the same. But there are few problems as well like logging in the ‘incoming logs’ still create problem, even under the ‘security log’ I faced some problem similar to old firmware. Still I get the same authentication fail message.

Even I got some problems with this new firmware. Many times my PPPoE gets disconnected and it wont fix even after doing 30-30-30 master reset.On the other hand I can say that IPV6 is somewhat fixed because I can get an IP from my ISP but there is no DSN. I have a firmware DD-WRT 18024 mini which has solved the conflict of the PPPoE. The problem is same with all other routers and the Firmware.

My personal experience has not been so good with this firmware so far. I think it has some WiFi bug. Whenever I move from one place to another in my home itself, WiFi disconnects. I never had such problem with the older firmware that was v1.0.01. It is really very annoying while I am using VPN. Due to this, the VPN is put to the BAD state. I want to reconnect but can’t until the previous session time out.