Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How can I find hidden folders if Lock.bat file is missing

Re: How can I find hidden folders if Lock.bat file is missing

Thatís indeed very sad and serious. Donít you have any backup for those data ? You should always keep atleast2 backups of your important data. Anyways, not sure but you can try creating a new lock.bat file and see if it works with those hidden files. As you were already using it, you might be knowing how to create, but still am giving the process for the same, in case you forgot:

• Open Notepad at the same place where you use to keep the earlier one and Enter the following command
    • ren MyFolder MyFolder.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}
    • Save the file with Ďlock.batí name.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

How can I find hidden folders if Lock.bat file is missing

Hey guys, I need some urgent help from you all. I am having Windows XP pc at my office area. As we all have few confidential Data in our PC, I too have some. Hence I use to protect them with a lock.bat file. I prefer this bat file rather than using any third party applications.

Problem is that, donít know how, I lost my Lock.bat file. All my important data were locked with the same. Now is there any way I can find those hidden files or folders? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by parag View Post
    That’s indeed very sad and serious. Don’t you have any backup for those data ? You should always keep atleast2 backups of your important data.
    I too agree with the same. There are 8 to 16 Gb flash drives available at such cheap rate to carry your data with yourself always. If the data is big in size, you can also backup them now on Cloud or in a portable HDD. Anyways, just for a workaround, unhide all hidden files and see if you can see the data you are looking for. Open Windows Explorer, click on Tools, than Folder Options and check. Now open search and type in the name of your files/folders… see if it gets some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Problem is that, don’t know how, I lost my Lock.bat file. All my important data were locked with the same. Now is there any way I can find those hidden files or folders? Please help.
    You lost your lock.bat, but you might be having the unlock.bat file with you , right? Copy unlock.bat file to the location where you use to keep lock.bat and double click to run it. See if it works.