Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Check Xiaomi Mi 4c New Features including Edge Tap, USB Type-C and more

Check Xiaomi Mi 4c New Features including Edge Tap, USB Type-C and more

Xiaomi Mi 4c is the latest smartphone from the company launched today. We call it a High End yet budget smartphone in the price range. With the new Mi 4C we get upto 3GB RAM, 32GB Built-in storage, 5-inch Full HD display, powerful 64 bit processor, 13 Megapixel shooter and lots more. You can check the complete specifications and price for Xiaomi Mi 4C here.

Coming to the point, after the huge success of Mi 4 and Mi 4i, Xiaomi has brought us Mi 4i with several new features which we haven't seen in any of its earlier devices. Let's have a look at them.

New Features in Xiaomi Mi 4c:

1. Double Tap to Wake Up

We have seen this earlier with LG smartphones. When your Xiaomi Mi 4c is locked, simply double tap the display and it will wake up. No need to press any physical buttons anymore. This is very helpful when your hand is busy and you want to check if you have any new notifications. Just Double Tap.

2. Edge Tap

This is something unique. Xiaomi has introduced a new feature in Mi 4c called 'Edge Tap'. Xiaomi explained this feature by saying:

"Both sides of Mi 4c respond to light taps (for example, double tap to go back, single tap to snap a photo in Camera, among others)."

What we understand is, if we single tap on any sides of the phone, it will open the front camera for capturing selfies instantly. And if we double tap the edges, it will take us back to previous screen. No matter on which screen were.

3. USB Type-C

We have heard this during Google I/O event this year. Even OnePlus 2 was launched with USB Type-C connectivity.

USB Type-C is the new technology that lets you charge a device from another device using the new USB port. Xiaomi Mi 4c is the first smartphone from this brand to bring this feature. You can read Everything about USB Type-C here.

4. Dal 4G Sim

This is not so new but worth considering. Most of the smartphones today supports only one of the Dual SIM slot for 4G connectivity. But just like Mi 4i, the new Mi 4c also supports 4G from both slots.

Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

• TechDiscussion
      Sponsored
      advertisement

Re: Check Xiaomi Mi 4c New Features including Edge Tap, USB Type-C and more

Apart from these Xiaomi has also made many improvements in existing features such as the Sunlight Display panel which we saw on Mi 4i. This time, Xiaomi is bringing enhanced one from Sharp or AUO or LG with Mi 4c. Even the IR blaster now supports more than 2000 appliances adding DSLR cameras as well in the list.

Furthermore, along with Edge Tap feature, Xiaomi Mi 4c now also has PDAF feature, that is Phase Detection Autofocus.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter