Thread: How can i create webpage shortcut in Microsoft Edge

How can i create webpage shortcut in Microsoft Edge

Windows 10 of course brings us many new features along with the all new Microsoft Edge browser. We all agree that Edge is much better, lighter and faster than Internet Explorer. Also many of its new features are very useful. But the only problem is i cannot add and webpage to shortcut any more, which i use to do with IE. And i use to do it a lot.

Is this feature removed fro Edge? If not, please tell me how do we create webpage shortcut ?

Re: How can i create webpage shortcut in Microsoft Edge

Technically there is no way to create Webpage shortcut in Microsoft Edge. Until the developers, do something about it, you will need to relay on some another browser

Quote Originally Posted by hackman View Post
    Technically there is no way to create Webpage shortcut in Microsoft Edge. Until the developers, do something about it, you will need to relay on some another browser
    You are correct. Even i need to copy and paste important URLs from Edge to Firefox or Chrome to make it stick on my desktop. Edge has no option to create shortcut. But copy pasting from one to another is very time consuming and not good as well. Seems like i will have to move to other browser permanently.

I was an Internet Explorer fan. Was using since v6. Now, since upgraded to Windows 10, i found MS Edge much better and faster. So stuck with the same. But one of the few problems i am facing includes this Shortcuts as well.

Every time i need to create shortcut, i need to Copy the URL, open Internet Explorer and then do the same. Hope Microsoft is listening us.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bose View Post
    Every time i need to create shortcut, i need to Copy the URL, open Internet Explorer and then do the same. Hope Microsoft is listening us.
    Why to Copy, then open IE and then paste? From Microsoft Edge you can simply click the 4dot settings icon and click Open in Internet Explorer to directly send the page to IE.

Banned User

I know that I can always switch over from Edge to IE and create the shortcut...but why should we have to do that when Edge was supposed to be a better and more efficient browser than IE. My main concern is that from everything I've read on the internet Edge will eventually replace IE altogether. Hopefully MS will address this issue before that happens.