Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Download and Installing Winamp in Android Smartphone

Download and Installing Winamp in Android Smartphone

Hi, though we have media players in our Android devices, i love using Winamp on my PCs. I recently heard that Winamp is now available for Android as well. I tried to find out it on Google Play but dint got it. Hence, could you guys please give me the download link and also let me know how to install the same on my device. Am using HTC Wildfire S.

Thanks and all help appreciated. 8)

Re: Download and Installing Winamp in Android Smartphone

How did you search on Google Play store ? Well, i found it easily. You can download it from the below locations:

Download/Install from Google Play
    Download .apk from Winamp website and install it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreanaz View Post
    could you guys please give me the download link and also let me know how to install the same on my device. Am using HTC Wildfire S.
    Installation is too simple dude. If you are downloading directly from the Google Play store, than there is no headache for installing. You might be knowing that it directly gets installed to your mobile if doing from Android Market or Google Play.

And if you are downloading .apk and wants to install it manually, than simply run the file after downloading.

Thanks for the download links and letting me know how to install the same. Really Appreciated. Now as i know its features on PC version, i would like to know is all that features available in this Android version as well ??

zeddo

Not exactly the same features, but you get few great features in this version (though it is just beta version). Have a look below:

• Download the new Winamp for Mac Sync Beta or the Winamp Media Player for PCs to wirelessly sync to your desktop computer. Both desktop applications offer one-click iTunes library & playlist importing.
    • Intuitive interface that offers consistent access to player controls, the Winamp home screen & the play queue — a temporary track listing that you can easily manage, sort or save as a playlist.
    • Extend your listening experience beyond your own library. Discover over 45,000 internet radio stations. Search or browse by featured stations, top stations, all genres or recently played.
    • Add playlists or one of the widget players to the Android home screen. Enable playback control from the lock-screen.
    • Displays song info, swipe-able album art & more. Tap to reveal additional features like artist bios, news, & photos. Integrates with other installed apps on your device
    • (e.g. Pandora, YouTube and Last.fm).
    • Supports Scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed. Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.