Thread: Asus notebook touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Asus notebook touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

In my pc everything is working fine, but there is some issue with the touchpad. It started after updating the system to Windows 10.

A mouse works well, but when I try to use touchpad there is some issue. It is not detected and I had tried almost everything to resolve this problem. But nothing works. I cannot carry the mouse almost all the time. I have to use the touchpad at some point.

So what can I do to fix this thing? I tried looking for the touchpad settings in windows 10, but it is not having any options. I tried searching this also in the Start menu. The upgrade was really fast and instant and there were no error.

Re: Asus notebook touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

It is a driver issue. For which you have to find the right download. Or else it won’t be easy to work on the same. First on the basis of your laptop model go on the official site and find the Windows 10 compatible touchpad drivers. And install that in your system. Once done reboot your pc and then test back. It will start working.

If you are not able to find Windows 10 compatible drivers then you have to find Windows 8 or Windows 7 compatible drivers. And install them in compatibility mode. Then test back. Windows 10 almost support all Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers.

Re: Asus notebook touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

There is a small workaround there that will help you to resolve the issue you are facing.

For that you have to go in Start Menu and click on settings. Then just go in the devices section. Try to find Mouse and Touchpad there. Click on it and then scroll down to the related setting section. Click on that and you will find Additional mouse options. Click on it and then again look for properties section. You have to select the device and enable the same.

It will start working and won’t give you much issue. It is the fastest way to resolve the problem you are facing.