Thread: HTC Desire 820G+ Review

HTC Desire 820G+ Review

HTC has launched it new Smartphone Desire 820G+ in India. This new phone cost around Rs.20000. It is a mid ranged model even after being having such a high cost. We were quiet surprised to find that the phone comes loaded with 1GB RAM only, while if you check properly even budget phones are having minimum 2GB RAM now a days for better output. HTC Desire 820G+ gets overpriced at this point. Other than this the phone runs on a MediaTek processor. And when it comes to brand then we had seen ample of models run on Qualcomm or other reputed chipset model for long lasting output. HTC Desire 820G+ is a good phone as per the features I think, but as I said it is a bit overpriced.

HTC is one of the most reliable bands in India. They had released great phones recently but from sometime, HTC looks very silent. They had not revealed any kind of new flagship model to compete other brands. HTC Desire 820G+ on the other side, is a mid range model that runs on Octa core CPU and 1GB ram only. To justify the cost HTC adds a 16GB Storage in it. But I do think that at some point leaving all other factors aside, the phone gets costly. Because if I am ready to adjust myself with the hardware, then I am having a lot of alternative under Rs.15000. We will still checkout the phone and see what really it brings for buyers. HTC itself is popular for releasing cutting edge mobile models.

Specification:

• Display - 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touch screen
    • OS - Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat).
    • CPU - 1.7Ghz Cortex A7 Octa-core
    • RAM - 1GB
    • GPU - Mali-450MP4
    • Storage - 6 GB.
    • Front Camera - 8 MP
    • Back Camera - 13MP
    • SIM - Dual Nano SIM
    • Weight - 154 g
    • Battery - 2600

Design:

HTC Desire 820G+ is a phablet. This device has a huge 5.5 inches IPS touchscreen on the front. HTC always offer great screen quality. The phone has touch keys that are integrated in the UI on the front side. It has an 8MP camera on the front top side. The device has as power and volume key on the right sides. With this there are three sim slots aligned over the left as it is having a unibody design.

The back cover is not removable. All three slots are aligned in the straight line in the side. The device has a bit unique design replacing the traditional look of HTC phone. It is bit different. You can see color lines on the edges that make the phone a bit more stylish. It comes in different color. With first look the back cover lies removable.

But the phone has a unibody. It is a locked. There is a 13MP camera on the backside that is placed at the extra left top. LED flash is below that. And HTC log in the center. The speaker is on the front. HTC Desire 820G+ is a light weight phone. The device looks great here. Being a 5.5inch phone it is big and also not very heavy when you carry the same.

The phone is easy to operate due to HTC Sense UI that is placed over Android Kitkat operating system. The device is not having any kind of Lollipop update announcement. It is a bit odd to find that being a new model it is not having Lollipop in it. This can also be due to the hardware limitation. As per a few old reports Android Lollipop works well on 64bit CPU and 2GB RAM.

Display:

For a phablet screen size do matters. The screen size is around 5.5inch with impressive touch quality. There is no doubt about that. The phone also has a decent viewing angle. The phone has an IPS LCD capacitive touch screen. The screen produces around 16M colors for great output. Pictures and videos are very clear on this. At maximum brightness also you can read text easily.

The screen offers you a maximum resolution of 1280x720 @ 267ppi. The touch quality is also nice, but in the specification we are unable to find whether the phone is having any kind of extra protective glass on the screen. So that is a negative aspect of the model. A big size is sometime sliippery because if it fells you can face scratches or issues with the model. However the phone is amazing according to me. If the phone was having a screen size less than 5inch then it would surely a highly overpriced model.

Re: HTC Desire 820G+ Review

Camera:

HTC Desire 820G+ is a good camera phone. It can also be a decent selfie phone. The reason lies with powerful dual camera. The device has an 8MP front camera that allows you to take crisp and clear photos. With that there is also a 13MP camera with led flash on the backside.

I am always impressed with the photo and video quality of HTC Desire 820G+. It is fast and works well. The phone is having an impressive touch quality and performance wise it does not lag due to octa core CPU. The default camera app helps you to take nice pictures through ready to use filters. Like the front facing camera can take picture on the basis of face expression. You can merge two faces and create funny effects also.

Performance:

HTC Desire 820G+ has a Mediatek MT6592 chipset. Due to which the phone has a 1.7Ghz Octa Core Cortext A7 processor and 1G RAM. I do not think the hardware is really great enough. The chipset push the phone down to the mid range product line where we are having quiet more powerful models. For graphics the phone has Mali-450MP4 gpu.

Performance wise the phone works well if you do not just load too many things. Like animated kind of wallpapers, or too many apps or too many games. It is also capable of giving you smooth HD video experience. But due to 1GB RAM the phone fall a bit short on gaming output. The processor is nice, but low ram and a bit old gpu is not enough to handle HD games.

Battery Life:

HTC Desire 820G+ runs on 2600 mAh battery. The phone performs well, but I found the battery a bit short due to Sense UI. The device runs on Kitkat and over this HTC Custom Skin is bit heavy that might not make you happy when you are using the phone. The battery remains between 6 to 8 hrs of an optimized usage. Battery drains fast on camera and 3G usages. Especially when you have Google Drive or any kind of cloud sync app in the phone.

Re: HTC Desire 820G+ Review

Conclusion:

HTC has started the selling Desire 820G+ at a price of Rs.20000. This is more than what we were expecting. Compare to this I think the phone would be a lot better if it can land somewhere around Rs.15000. We are having a lot of competitive models under Rs.20000 that come with higher ram, higher storage and more unique design. HTC tries to keep the phone in competition by adding HTC Boom sound Stereo feature. And for those who want something extra can get HTC Dot View case. This case offers you clock and other notification in the form of dotted lights at the back of device.