Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Connection error during downloading file from Nokia OVI store on Nokia 5230

Connection error during downloading file from Nokia OVI store on Nokia 5230

Am using Nokia 5230 touch screen device, recently bought. Everything is fine with the device, I took GPRS connection with Tata Docomo that is working great too. But when am trying to download some file from OVI store everytime I get the error saying ‘Connection Error’ . Am sure that my internet connection is working fine because pages open properly on my browser, even OVI store connects properly. But the problem is only while downloading. How to solve it ? Please help.

Re: Connection error during downloading file from Nokia OVI store on Nokia 5230

That means the problem is with OVI and not with your mobile or Docomo GPRS. Why don’t you just reinstall OVI store. To do this, open Application Manager, select OVi, go to options and tap on ‘Remove’. Alternatively you can select OVI icon and click on Remove from the options to uninstall. Now download OVI sis setup from ovi homepage or simply open ovi.com in your mobile’s default browser. It will give you OVI set up file.

Quote Originally Posted by Youth View Post
    Am using Nokia 5230 touch screen device, recently bought. Everything is fine with the device, I took GPRS connection with Tata Docomo that is working great too. But when am trying to download some file from OVI store everytime I get the error saying ‘Connection Error’ . Am sure that my internet connection is working fine because pages open properly on my browser, even OVI store connects properly. But the problem is only while downloading. How to solve it ? Please help.
    If your rest of stuffs working fine apart from Connection error on OVi store, that means your network provider (TATA Docomo) is using a security login client like "Cyberoam". This is a kind of security client where most of Java based smartphones failes to overcome this barrier. Am not sure but you should talk to docomo customer care regarding the same. Hope they can offer you some help in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    That means the problem is with OVI and not with your mobile or Docomo GPRS. Why don’t you just reinstall OVI store. To do this, open Application Manager, select OVi, go to options and tap on ‘Remove’. Alternatively you can select OVI icon and click on Remove from the options to uninstall. Now download OVI sis setup from ovi homepage or simply open ovi.com in your mobile’s default browser. It will give you OVI set up file.
    I did uninstalled the OVI from my device and also downloaded the setup sis file. But am not able to install it now. I can start the installation but it stucks at around 82%. I tried doing this many times but yet the same result. Not able to install., What should I do ?

Opps. Starange. I think the best one solution for you is the firmware upgrade. Simply connect your device with PC, make sure you have Nokia Software updater installed in your PC. After connecting the mobile, run Software updater and reinstall the firmware. Trust me everything will be solved. Just don’t forget to backup your mobile before doing all these