Thread: Outlook express gone corrupt "there was an error opening this message"

Outlook express gone corrupt "there was an error opening this message"

Hi,
    I am repairing a winxp pc on which Outlook express has gone corrupted. When i first try to open an email it complains that it can't find a .DBX file???? Which has nothing to do with OE and after this on every attempt to open an email or address book it says "there was an error opening this message".

Tried to create a new identity but as soon as I do this OE shuts down and won't open until reboot. Can still receive emails.
    Tried XP repair but when finished it wanted to activate windows before letting me login which I clicked OK to however all I get is a blank desktop background. So went back and reloaded backup image which I created before started repairs and ran sfc /scannow which did not solve the problem. I am trying to avoid a complete reinstall.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Re: Outlook express gone corrupt "there was an error opening this message"

Hi

Not to worry. It is clear indication your Outlook Express has been corrupt. Outlook Express stores user mailbox information in form of DBX file. To avoid reinstall I would say repair your Outlook Express using proficient Outlook Express Repair software this will definitely resolve your problem. I also faced the same issue recently then after discussion with email recovery experts I used Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Repair tool. Tool resolved my problem and after using the software I would suggest same software for you to repair your corrupt Outlook Express.