Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: ESET NOD32 v 5.0 taking long time for scanning the system

ESET NOD32 v 5.0 taking long time for scanning the system

Im using Toshiba laptop and having configuration window XP with 32bit. I have Installed ESET NOD 32 in my laptop. Whenever I leave my hard drive for scanning it takes hours for the same. Can anyone tell me solution for it?

Re: ESET NOD32 v 5.0 taking long time for scanning the system

Hope you have bought it, and not using the demo or trail version. Just checkout in its options whether you have the permission for custom scanning or not. This permission is only available in purchased version. In case of custom scanning you can perform scanning process fast.

Sometimes it occurs because of the version you are using the process of scanning sometimes varies because of the data that means how much data you have. You could reset your scanning targets by custom scanning setting. For this go into advance set up, now to Scan Setup. In the profile right side textbox please select In-depth scan and after that click on set up next to scan targets. There may be chances of that your current version needs a more ram so upgrade your ram.

I was also facing the same problem with my Scheduled Scanning. But fortunately I got an article on ESET Sites with steps to fix it. I think you should try them out, it can work for you as well. Here they are:

Open the main program window by double-clicking the icon in your Windows notification area or by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    In the main menu on the left, click Tools and then click Scheduler from the main program window. The Scheduler window will be displayed.
    Select System startup file check from the list and click Edit....
    Click Next four times and then click Finish.
    In the Automatic startup file check window, select When idle from the Scan priority drop-down menu and then click OK.
    Click OK. Your system will now run the startup scan only when the CPU is idle.