Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Bluescreen on Toshiba satellite C666

Bluescreen on Toshiba satellite C666

I am using Toshiba Satellite C666 since a long time with Windows Xp. It worked great without any problem. I dint even required to format the system even once. I kept it updated with antivirus security. But yesterday I suddenly got BSOD for the first time in last 2 years. I was playing a game , as soon as I closed the game the bluescreen appeared. What should I do ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Bluescreen on Toshiba satellite C666

There is nothing to worry mate. As you said you are using it from last 2 years I guess some drivers might have got outdated. You just need to update them. That’s it. I would suggest you that just update the graphics driver. If you still getting such type of blue screen your laptop just follow instruction which are given as follows.

1. Open the system configuration utility. (msconfig.exe)
    2. Now on the general tab, click selective startup and clear load start up items checkbox.
    3. You will find service tab, click all Microsoft service check box and then disable all.
    4. OK, out restart your computer.

In morning I was playing a game on my monitor suddenly my game froze. At the same time started to play music but music was continued but game was frozen. Then I decided to restart my pc manually and after doing this I waited for 40 seconds. But suddenly blue screen came. At that instant what I did, I just started for data backup. After doing this I started to format. After format, I installed Window XP. So what I want to say is if you keep getting BSOD even after drivers update than you can simply fix it by reinstalling Windows.

I have best solution for blue screen just follow instruction which are given as follows.
    Start your pc in safe mode by tapping F8 on boot up. In safe mode click on start button and type “CTFMON” or “CTFMONB”in the Search Box. Locate these files and delete theme. Now search for “BLCKSTER” and delete. Now open command prompt and type “MSCONFIG”. Click the “startup” tab and then click deselect all. Just start pc in normal mode and restore your computer.