Thread: LG G4 Smartphone Review

LG G4 Smartphone Review

LG G4 is the latest flagship by the company that is somehow a lot better model then the previous one, LG G3. The phone costs around Rs.45,000 approx. LG G4 is having a great design and also ultra-smooth touch quality. It is also having a great hardware. It has a great camera quality with good battery life also. The pone offers you a choice to add more storage through a SD card lot. The screen is bright and vibrant here. That is actually a common point in many high end models.

But with that, LG G4 also comes with a few shortcoming. Like the hardware here is not a very high end that can beat other models in the same price range. LG tries to makes this phone ultra smooth in overall output, but when it comes to gaming the phone remains lower than other models. Another shortcoming of the phone is lack of fast charging that many models do offer. This lack the phone a bit in terms of usage. I hope the price of the model do fell down a bit after sometime of release.

Let’s find out how good LG G4 is, and if it is worth to the price range. But before that. Let’s take a quick look at its highlights:

LG G4 Highlights:

• Display - 5.5 IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
    • Operating System - Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)
    • CPU - Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57
    • RAM - 3 GB RAM
    • Gpu - Adreno 418
    • CAMERA - Front 8MP and 16MP Back Camera with LED flash.
    • MEMORY Card - 32GB Internal and 128 GB Expandable
    • Sim - Micro Dual/Single option
    • Weight - 155g
    • Battery - 3000 mAh battery

Re: LG G4 Smartphone Review

Design & Packaging:

LG G4 is a revamped edition of the last series a bit lot better. The phone has a flats front side with curved at the sides that help you to have full control over the phone usage. This phone is thin and offers a good grip also. The phone has a luxurious look. A slight curved back panel helps you to get more grip over the glossy surface. A 5.5inch displays are on the front with 8MP front camera. Micro USB and audio jack is placed on the bottom side. Volume Control and power is on the left side. The device has a removable back cover.

The battery is also removable with slots inside. There is a 16MP camera on the back side with dual LED flash. LG G4 offers you a choice of using different back covers. You can usually upgrade that as per your need. The phone is very comfortable to use has a great design. But it is not a durable model. That means it is not having any waterproof or dust proof capability but at the front part it does not offer you Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection that protect the phone from scratches and damage.

Display:

LG G4 has a 5.5-inch IPS Quantum display. This display is amazing and offers you high resolution output. It provides you a resolution of 2560x1440 at 538ppi. The screen is fine here with this 2K resolution. But there is nothing innovative . Having a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection helps you lot when you are using your phone for really long time.

The device also has a good hardware that helps you to use the phone effectively with different apps and games. It does not lag or freeze when you are using too many apps on the same. Overall the body is made from plastic element. That is why I think that this one gets a bit costlier due to that. But looks wise it is impressive. It really looks like that you are holding a very costly phone in your hand. I think the curved shaped on the back make the phone look a bit unique.

Camera Quality:

LG G4 has a dual camera support. It has as 16MP camera on the back that offers a image resolution up to 5312 x 2988 pixels. That is relatively high from a mobile camera point of view. With this the phone also has a LED flash that helps you to take brighter pictures in low light. The image quality is lot better here.

At the front LG G4 gives you a upgraded 8MP camera to take more clear and impressive selfies. You can use this camera to record a video up to 1080p @ 3fps. Using this phone for video calling is easy. LG G4 won’t disappoint you when it comes to camera usage. The internal camera app offers ample of required settings.

Performance:

LG G4 runs on the latest Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) operating system. Instead of relying on Stock UI the device runs on custom LG Optimus UX 4.0 UI. That adds more to the performance part. The device has a Snapdragon 810 chipset that let you use two processors. One is Cortex-A53 1.44Ghz Quad Core CPU and with that there is also one Cortex-A57 1.82 GHz dual core CPU.

The device has a 3GB RAM and 32GB Internal Storage. All this hardware is good enough to run different types of games, applications and customization. The phone performs smoothly with different apps. But if you compare a few high end phone in the same price range then they give you two Quad Core processor that makes them a Octa Core powered model. LG G4 fells a bit short on that place.

Battery Life:

The devices run on a 3000 mAh battery. This one is a removable battery that brings a decent life on the device. It works well due to the hardware but when it comes to a extreme usage the phone might fell a bit short. Here the phone is working really fine for a entire day if you are not much in video games and video shooting.

With games and HD video shooting one more issue appear that is annoying. The phone heats up. I think this is the place where it looks the phone is working too hard to process something. I got around 10hrs of battery life on optimum usages. I kept my 3G on all the time and with that the screen brightness was limited.

Re: LG G4 Smartphone Review

Conclusion:

LG G4 at a price of Rs.45000 gets a bit costly when I compare them with a few new models that are released recently and are under Rs.50000. The price of this model does fall on some online site. I think if you check this properly you can get this around for Rs.43000 max. The phone is giving you all new stuff.

It gives you the latest Android OS, better hardware and also a nice camera. LG 4 does beat other models when it comes to the screen quality. The performance usually depends on the usage. It is a beautiful phone in my views but with that it is also overpriced. I think G4 will be a kind of good package if you want a decent looking mobile phone.