Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Windows 7 won't install on Toshiba U405, Error code 10 and code 37

Windows 7 won't install on Toshiba U405, Error code 10 and code 37

I bought Toshiba U405 sometimes ago that came with Windows XP as the default OS. Now as I got some news that Microsoft is pulling of all security features from XP in next 2 years, I decided to upgrade the same with Windows 7. I bought an original copy of windows 7, tried to do a complete fresh install. But 7 is just not ready to install on this laptop ? Is it like U405 not compatible with Toshiba U405?

Anyways, after a long troubleshooting any how I installed it with force. But after installation the first problem I got is the error code 37 that is related to the intel chipset 965, and later on it gave me error code 10 that is related to the touchpad and keyboard. I don’t have any ideas about these error codes. So I tried to re-install it again but this time am just unable to install windows 7 on the same laptop. Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Windows 7 won't install on Toshiba U405, Error code 10 and code 37

Well in this case I would say you that instead of doing clean install why don’t you just try the update feature. I mean while installing windows 7 you get 2 options saying ‘Upgrade’ OR ‘Customize’. You might be selecting Customize in order to do a clean install, instead simply click on Upgrade. It will work because while upgrading, the system will download all required drivers from windows update and solve all compatibility problems. Try it and reply

Yes, you are correct. The reason behind windows 7 is not ready to install on U405 is surely the drivers issues. And by upgrade method it will be solved. I did the same on one of my Compact notebook.

I would say this is the driver problem so you can do one thing install driver which you are getting. After installing driver again try to install window 7. Which version do you want to install? Are you planning for installing window 7 homes basic, window 7 professionals, and window 7 ultimate? You just install whatever you want in above mentioned windows. Just keep in mind one thing is that at the time installing you should remember that what types bits you are using window 7 32bits or 64 bits because the entire driver install on the basis of this feature.

Also, you can do one thing is uninstall the driver and go for hardware changes or upgrade driver. You can solve this by system file checker. I’m giving you steps so that you can reach over there.

• From the start menu select “all programs” and then select “Accessory”.
    • Now open Command Prompt, and run it as Administrator by right clicking
    • Now type “ sfc /scannow”(without the quotes there should be spaced between “sfc” and “/scannow”).

That’s it. Let it do its job. It will correct all the Error then restart your computer. When your system starts then everything would be fine. After that you can easily install window 7